Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 05:41 PM

43,279 posts, read 77,092,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfGod View Post
You have some nerve calling an absolute auction a "marketing gimmick" while calling a marketing gimmick (reserve price auctions) a 'real' auction.
Actually, I am quite thoroughly convinced that olecapt has absolutely a freakin' TON of nerve, and that is one reason why I would want him, and the elusive "Admiral," in my corner if I was into rough sledding.

Can't wait for the schools to open after the holiday break. Fer cryin' out loud.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM

35 posts, read 35,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I said...

YOu believe these are absolute? You think they are real auctions? You think they sell every house offered?

I am not sure you should enter any RE transaction without a guardian. You simply don't understand this stuff.

"Guardian?" Surely you meant 'blood-sucking leech'!

And just WTF are you talking about? The OP says that REDC auctions are not real auctions because they're not absolute auctions. You either don't understand the topic or are being purposely obtuse.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfGod View Post
"Guardian?" Surely you meant 'blood-sucking leech'!

And just WTF are you talking about? The OP says that REDC auctions are not real auctions because they're not absolute auctions. You either don't understand the topic or are being purposely obtuse.

Actually I meant a legal guardian. People in your state of mind are not able to enter into contracts with RE Agents or anyone else.

And I said REDC auctions and RE auctions in general are rarely absolute. And I added that REDC style auctions are a marketing gimmick.

Off hand I think you are agreeing with me but are too confused to understand that.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,270,717 times
There have been too many posts removed or edited for personal attacks. If you are able to conduct a civil discussion, without offending one another, I'll be glad to see a new thread on the topic. Otherwise, this one is closed.

Thank you to all those who participated without resorting to ad hominem arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs