Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:46 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I read some of the other post and feel for you. It had to be really miserable there for you to walk away. We recently moved away from a loud mouthed neighbor, she liked to talk about my daughter loud enough so that I could hear it.

Only you can make the decision of what to do.
You are left with a balance, but your families happiness has to be worth something, no? Then you are finally rid of the place and can move on.
If you rent it out you might still have to deal with the neighbors.

Good luck.
Please read a couple of posts above yours and you will change your opinion!
Posted by GeminiGal...read that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 05:33 PM

23,864 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Please read a couple of posts above yours and you will change your opinion!
Posted by GeminiGal...read that one!
I went to the link, I went to her profile and looked at the posts she's started. I've seen nothing in any of her posts that say to me she's trying to screw someone over..

I don't agree with walking away from a house. I think people should get some soft of punishment from it other then it hitting their credit rating.. I'm currently living across the street from an empty house, which I don't appreciate having to look at.

Having said that, if you read what she wrote her family has been harassed so bad that she feared for her children's safety, and while she's tried to get this resolved by going to the police, etc, they had to make a decision, house or safety and they chose safety & I can't blame them. Now they are going to pay a price for that decision.. it is a consequence of that decision.

I grew up in sort of a reverse of what she just left. I was white in an AA predominant neighborhood.. One small section was more white and when AA came to that side it wasn't pretty; it can be bad the things that people do to get you out. Burning stuff on your lawn, calling you names.. horrible.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

I've seen nothing in any of her posts that say to me she's trying to screw someone over..
She wants to walk away form house #1 and leave the lender holding the bag. I call that screwing someone over.

I am sorry for the perceived circumstances that seems to have compelled her to buy another home and move while still owning her first home.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
I have a similar neighbor in my neighborhood...it makes you sick...
The father is going to foreclose on his house while his girl friend is buying a new construction, so he and his kids and her kid can go and live there while they are living for 4 years together in this house that is now not being paid for...mortgage and hoa not being paid + the line of credit that they took out less than a year ago to build their fancy pool is not going to be paid off...we as neighbors could enjoy their pool party loud music, drunk people, cars parked where they shouldn't and nobody complained.....and now they screw over the community and the tax payers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs