Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 06:37 AM

38 posts, read 140,033 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am new to this board however have been reading many posts. I wanted to post a thread because I'm at the end of my patience level.

Wife and I put an offer on a house back in early Feb. House was selling for 300K we put in an offer 270K. Seller accepted a week later, addendum sent back to us another week later so we can say hopefully...that the short sale packet went out in either late Feb/Early March.

Selling agent and sellers are very active with keeping communication open with the bank, our agent, etc. The bank gave the sellers a date of either last Tue/Wen to hear back from them to give an answer and sure enough Tue, Wen, Thu& Fri went by. Selling agt spoke with sellers and bank and they gave them the "oh we got backed up excuse. ummm...you should hear back from us by May 6th at the latest...."

Has anyone come across the good old ahhh we're going to push the date back again and get you an answer then run around?

What advice can you give us? Patience are running on fumes. When do we finally pull the plug and move onto other properties? Is there light at the end of this tunnel?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 AM

761 posts, read 3,414,477 times
Join the club! We are in the same situation, but ours is May 13th to hear, but the bank requested a closing date change to 5-29. You seem to be having good communication as well so that is good. Otherwise I think it is just hurry up and wait again. We are in really no rush to go anywhere, but still is a pain on how slow things are.

Good Luck!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Why would your patience be running on fumes? Didn't your agent explain that these take a long time? If you want a great deal, you need a great deal of patience.

If you don't have that, best to find another property.

Even REO's have awful delays.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:01 AM

291 posts, read 911,275 times
These things can takae months. Don't believe anything the lender tells you unless it's in writing. Banks may be good at lending money but they're terrible at getting rid of it. Also, don't approach these things from a "logical" point of view. There's no logical course of events in short sales, that's why many agents and their buyers won't even look at them.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:14 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
I agree with 2b. Didn't your agent prep you for the fact that these can take several months?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:18 PM

Hey guys,
thanks for some of the feedback. Yes our agent definatly prepared us 4 months ago when we started the home buying process. The answers to why we're going on fumes is because as I type this I am writing from an Extended Stay. We rented our condo out back in Feb for May 1st move in date. We thought 3 months we would be safe and were going to close by then. However things don't always work out the way we want. Our things are in storage and we get to live in a hotel for the time being.

The bank burnt the sellers a few weeks ago by giving them the dates and now they extended their date to late next week. The way things have been going we're really not expecting to hear next week like promised. We know it's a time consuming thing but like I said earlier, here we are now out of our home, living in a hotel.

On the positive side of things, our realtor did inform us that the selling agent who has seen the BPO, has no reason for the both of them to go to bat for us with the bank as the BPO assesment looks very strong along with the price we put in. Our realtor has also put off showing us homes, the home values in the neighborhood are in the same price range as the offer we gave(including larger homes), and our realtor told us why would the bank say no? We got our game on.

I guess we are in the final stretch of things, but we've been saying that for months.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 PM

761 posts, read 3,414,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIUGrad2005 View Post

I guess we are in the final stretch of things, but we've been saying that for months.
Amen to that! I have been thinking that for awhile now, we are about on the same time frame as well (offer in beginning of February).

Old 04-29-2009, 01:23 PM

Oh I do have a question for realtors checking this thing out that have closed on short sales. What is the typical TAT for closing once the bank accepts the offer? We have been told two things.
1. We can do is ASAP within 2 weeks once inspections are done.
2. Up to an additional 30 days.

I thought that once the bank accepts the offer the ball is in our court and we can proceed ASAP. I mean it's not like we're waiting here to sell our home....WE WANT IN QUICK!

thanks,

Old 06-21-2013, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,845 times
hello we be waiting fot the short sale bank for about 2 months early this week they ask for personal informacion from the buyer and a new pre-approve letter from my bank anybody has a ny idea is this is getting close to the end?????

Old 06-26-2013, 09:20 AM

67 posts, read 169,396 times
Ed009 - each short sale is different but from my experience, sounds like you're at the beginning stages. They want that info upfront then it has to go through a few more steps. Bpo/appraisal, bank approval and possibly investor approval.

I've been waiting since the beginning of March and awaiting the investor approval. It has been at this stage for the past 3.5 weeks with no word back.

Good luck! Hopefully it will go fast n smooth for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs