Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 PM

431 posts, read 1,310,762 times

Advertisements

What exactly goes into the "package" that is sent to the bank from the sellers attorney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 AM

After the buyer makes an offer I mean..

Old 07-03-2009, 08:56 AM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
A Short sale package typically includes
1) a hardship letter stating the reason's they can't pay their mortgage
2) A release from the attorney or seller's real estate agent to discuss the loan and negotiate on the seller's behalf.
3) financial statement
4) last two years of tax returns
5) Last two bank statements
6) last two pay stubs or unemployment letter
7) a copy of the purchase and sale agreement (the offer)

Banks sometimes ask for copies of savings/retirement account info as well. They want a lot of financial documents to verify the hardship.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:13 AM

Oops...2b reminded me that I left out the estimated HUD statement. I knew I was forgetting something!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 AM

So when I made my offer, all this was sent? Shouldn't this all have been sent prior to my offer?

Old 07-04-2009, 01:22 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerMan View Post
So when I made my offer, all this was sent? Shouldn't this all have been sent prior to my offer?
Voyager...I think this is confusing...did you make an offer on a short sale (I think) or are you putting a property you own up for short sale? Just trying to clarify your question... Or do you want to know what the lender has from the seller to base your offer on...I am confused for sure...

Old 07-04-2009, 05:22 AM

I made an offer on a short sale. I was told that now my offer was put together as a
package and sent To the bank by the sellers realtor.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerMan View Post
All of that should have been sent at the time your offer was submitted. Most banks won't look at a short sale packet without an offer.

Think about it...a loss mitigator has 2,000 files sitting on his desk and someone sends over MOST of what he needs in order to determine if the lender will take the short. Do you really expect them to track thousands of half completed files?

They want it all at once. Local lenders are often willing to preapprove a short sale price, but the big guys...all at once.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:25 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
I concur with what Silverfall is saying -- too many lenders have a very backwards way of dealing with this mess. Of course they are swimming in a sea of bad loans, and on some level they want to clean up these while trying to not to make the rest of their loans fall off a cliff, but the way they are set up to work through these problems is NOT efficient. They generally want all the same kinds of info that they got when they made the original loan and then they sort of "spin the magic wheel" with an offer and BPO thrown in. Round and round the wheel spins and IF the pointer lands on "SELL TO THIS ONE" bingo the BUYER is told of their "good fortune".

If the wheel lands on "submit more info" "ask for higher price" or "foreclose on this bum and try to sell as REO" the BUYER has wasted A LOT of valuable house hunting time.

Very very frustrating.

Meanwhile the SELLER is sweating every second, not sure where the process will end.

Not good at all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs