Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM

10 posts, read 57,149 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I need your help, I would like to know if any of you have or know of anyone who have successfully "negotiate" a short sale? Meaning, that you did not just agree to the banks terms and conditions and that they agreed to your terms as well.

This is the agreement I got from my bank.
Bank of America, N Aissues its approval to sell the subject property which will result in a short payoff of the mortgage, and mortgagor(s) acknowledge they waive any and all rights to any escrow balance, insurance proceeds or refunds from prepaid expenses. Neither the borrower nor any other party may receive any sale proceeds or any funds as a result of this transaction except as noted in this letter. As agreed, when we are in receipt of the proceeds of sales and all required documentation, we will amend reporting to the credit bureau to reflect "agreed settlement short of full payment" which should be reflected on the credit report within 60-90 days from date of notification and waive any deficiency rights, if applicable.
-----

This sounds fine, but I want to negotiate some of the terms to make sure that I'm fully covered from any future deficiency judgments from the bank or from a collection agency.

So, if you have successfully negotiated your short sale, would you please tell your story and which bank?

PS. I only have one mortgage.

Thanks.

Last edited by Karci186; 03-02-2010 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,606,875 times
So ... you want to the bank to accept less than they're owed and not come after you for the difference?

I guarrantee they''ll find out about that $200K you say you have stashed away.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
you are the mortgagor. This says nothing about full release of liability. Are you in a non judgment/deficiency state?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:55 PM

10 posts, read 57,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
you are the mortgagor. This says nothing about full release of liability. Are you in a non judgment/deficiency state?
I'm in a deficiency state (NV)

"we will amend reporting to the credit bureau to reflect "agreed settlement short of full payment" which should be reflected on the credit report within 60-90 days from date of notification and waive any deficiency rights, if applicable."

Last edited by Karci186; 03-02-2010 at 08:25 PM..

Old 03-03-2010, 08:48 AM

37 posts, read 174,550 times
Hey Karci186,

My co-worker was able to get their bank to add line in their terms that said "satisfied in full". He was with GMAC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs