Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is Your Favorite Area City?
Fort Collins 9 90.00%
Loveland 0 0%
Longmont 1 10.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 PM

6 posts, read 12,145 times

Advertisements

Hi Colorad(o)ans & Future Neighbors,

I am looking to move to the Longmont - Loveland - Fort Collins area later this summer. Where I land will ultimately depend on where I can find employment, but I like the tri-cities' proximity to RMNP & Denver. I am in my early 20s and looking for a more laid-back atmosphere that still offers the convenience of basic shopping and dining options (please don't refer me to Boulder )

I have read the C-D forums extensively, but I want to tour each city and the surrounding areas to get a 1st person feel for each community. I am a full-day's drive from the area, but I want to make a trip in the next few weeks.

Is there a town that stands out as most friendly?
Is there an area with a higher concentration of early-mid 20-somethings?
Is there anything that I should go out of my way to see during my visit?
How long should I plan to spend in the area? (The map makes distances in CO appear deceptively small!)

Thanks in advance for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:39 AM

718 posts, read 1,985,094 times
A few thoughts from the top of my head:

All three towns are nice, but for my activities, my family and this time in our lives, my family is in Fort Collins. Loveland will be a bit slower paced than the other two. CSU adds a has a high concentration of early 20-somethings to Fort Collins' population, probably making it the leader in that category. A day to see each of the towns would be a minimum, but to begin to experience them might take a bit longer (2-3 days minimum). Catch live music in Downtown Fort Collins, and see the parks and Horsetooth Reservoir. Hike in the Poudre or Big Thompson Canyon.

Good luck and enjoy your visit.
Mike Weber

Old 06-23-2011, 10:31 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,685,665 times
I definitely agree that Fort Collins would be the best fit for someone in their 20s, especially if you are single. I was going to suggest timing your visit to coincide with the Fort Collins Brew Festival (I always loved that event when we lived there), but I see that it's this weekend. That may be a little too soon for your visit. Regardless, I would definitely plan on staying a few days in the Fort so you can experience it. If time allows, I would try to catch a concert at the Mishawaka up in Poudre Canyon. It's a beautiful venue and really captures summer in Northern Colorado. Enjoy your visit and best of luck finding the perfect location!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,561,885 times
Hands down, Fort Collins is where you want to look. It's the only one of the three with very many people your age.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:08 AM

6 posts, read 12,145 times
Thanks, I will definitely focus on Fort Collins.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,257 times
27 years old and looking for a place to move to work in speech pathology in schools, where would i live in colorado

Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc620 View Post
27 years old and looking for a place to move to work in speech pathology in schools, where would i live in colorado
Any city between Fort Collins and Colorado Springs. Denver Metro Area has the biggest population and most school systems.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area