Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 14,822 times

Advertisements

Hello....

Thanks In advance for your help.

I'm retired, 62, single and Very active. I like living smaller towns, etc. rather that larger cities. Enjoy walking for exercise, use libraries regular for recreational and informational reading, enjoy many social activities including dancing lessons, etc. I'm probably going to be interested in non credit college courses both community or 4 year levels.

I'd like hear from anyone, especially those in early retirement, are retiring soon and those who have recently relocated to the area. I'd especially like to know specific areas/zip codes, north of south of, etc. that you would recommend looking at in any of the three cities mentioned.

I have visited Colorado for recreation (sking) and business (Denver and Boulder) in the past so I'm really starting over in my mind as far as trying to understand what it's going to be like in your area.

Thanks again

em

Last edited by meetm; 08-25-2007 at 11:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 04:44 PM

423 posts, read 1,954,055 times
Hi EM, I am 53 and am getting ready to retire from the Sheriffs office in Fort Collins. I have also been doing real estate for some years now and plan on continuing that through retirement. Fort Collins and Loveland are both very nice areas for people our age. There are many retirement communities that offer recreation and quiet neighbors. Fort Collins has Front Range Community College and University of Colorado. There are also smaller colleges like Regis University. Fort Collins is getting ready to build a brand new library out on Harmony road. Right now we have one in the downtown area. There are many trails all over town for walking. Some of the smaller towns around our area include Wellington (80549), Timnath, Severance, and Estes Park. Our area is definately growing quickly. Although I grew up in a small town in eastern Colorado it is still bearable for me here. I live in Wellington and love it here. It is about a 10 minute drive to Fort Collins and is much smaller but with everything you need still. I think the best way to get a feel is to come out and look around and go do the things you will be doing when you live here. I can honestly say that this is home for me and I really love it here.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:19 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,656,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Emmerling View Post
Hi EM, I am 53 and am getting ready to retire from the Sheriffs office in Fort Collins. I have also been doing real estate for some years now and plan on continuing that through retirement. Fort Collins and Loveland are both very nice areas for people our age. There are many retirement communities that offer recreation and quiet neighbors. Fort Collins has Front Range Community College and University of Colorado. There are also smaller colleges like Regis University. Fort Collins is getting ready to build a brand new library out on Harmony road. Right now we have one in the downtown area. There are many trails all over town for walking. Some of the smaller towns around our area include Wellington (80549), Timnath, Severance, and Estes Park. Our area is definately growing quickly. Although I grew up in a small town in eastern Colorado it is still bearable for me here. I live in Wellington and love it here. It is about a 10 minute drive to Fort Collins and is much smaller but with everything you need still. I think the best way to get a feel is to come out and look around and go do the things you will be doing when you live here. I can honestly say that this is home for me and I really love it here.
The University of Colorado is actually located in Boulder. Colorado State University is in Fort Collins. I attended CSU ten years ago and loved the school and the community. My husband and I are considering a move back to Fort Collins. It is a great place for people of any age to live.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:46 PM

423 posts, read 1,954,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
The University of Colorado is actually located in Boulder. Colorado State University is in Fort Collins. I attended CSU ten years ago and loved the school and the community. My husband and I are considering a move back to Fort Collins. It is a great place for people of any age to live.
Sorry you are right. I was in a hurry earlier. What caused you to move away from here in the first place? If you have not been here for awhile you will be very suprised at all the changes!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area