Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 11:03 AM

19 posts, read 71,050 times

Advertisements

Is anyone out there familiar with living in the Livermore area northwest of Fort Collins? Looking for some property in the 40 acre range, have pretty much visited areas all over the state. and have found a few places in southern Colorado that we are very interested in. But I recently noticed some properties up near Livermore via the Internet and will check them out in a few weeks. I'm in contact with a realtor in the area. I'm aware of living in the hills at elevations similar to that of the Livermore area. But was just wanting to hear from someone familar with the area / living in the area to get you perspectives on what that area is like? Scenery? Topology? Well situations? Commute to Ft. Collins (note: I would not be a daily commuter).

Thanks
Marty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 02:19 PM

423 posts, read 1,953,450 times
Livermore is about a 45 minute drive to Fort Collins. There is seldom a day up there that is not windy. Winters are hard as it is in the mountains. Lots of snow up there. There is a main highway to get you into Fort Collins, so you would only have to worry about digging yourself out of your drive way or subdivision if you wanted to get to town in the winter. I lived there several years ago. It is not for everyone, but there are many people up there that love it. The national forest is up that way if you like hunting. Red Feather Lakes is that way so there are places to eat there and lots of good lakes to camp and fish in. If you have anymore questions just PM me. I know the area very well.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:43 PM

19 posts, read 71,050 times
Tom - thanks for reply - I'll take you up on your offer with some additional questions

What does the terrain look like around Livermore? Trees? Rolling hills?

I live now at 7,300 ft. elevation and the area here is rolling and treed - we get about 120 inches smowfall each season. I see Livermore is about 5,900 ft. elevation. Do you think the snow fall there is comparable? The places I am looking at in southern Colorado are about 7,500 ft. elevation. I'm OK with the snow. The wind may be more of an issue.

And, is the area fairly sparsely populated, I would assume so but checking. Thanks.

Is there much

Old 09-30-2007, 06:08 PM

423 posts, read 1,953,450 times
I would say everything is fairly comparable to what you have told me. I am not sure exactly how much snow though. Roosevelt National Forest is all around up there so there are quite a few trees west of Livermore in the Glacier View and Red Feather Area. West of Red Feather is where you really get into the mountains but Livermore is more of the rolling hill feel. It is very sparsely populated. You would have no problem finding 40 acres.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 AM

6 posts, read 17,424 times
Hi Marty,

I was born & raised in Livermore, and have been looking to buy land up there as I would like to move back up there after retirement. There are a couple of different "locations" when referring to Livermore. Livermore itself is located right off of Hwy 287. The school, Post Office and the county and state highway shops are there. Glacier View is a subdivision that starts about 16 miles up County Road 74E and extends almost to Red Feather.

Either area is beautiful, I am looking for land closer to 287, that's where I grew up. My commute took about 20 minutes to Fort Collins, of course it will be longer from the Glacier View area. I can't speak for the wells in Glacier View, but ours was around 700' if I recall correctly. It's typical well water, heavy with minerals.

Tom will give you good info. I'm sure he has no idea who I am writing this, but he knows me well.

Tom, please send me a Private Message through the forum. Hint: you bought your Livermore house from my brother!

Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area