Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,083 times

Advertisements

I am simply trying to get a virtual feel of different places prior to setting move in stone. I would like to know about teaching in Ft. Collins, Colorado, San Antonio, Texas, and Portland, Oregon. I am also curious about good public schools in these areas. Any information on renting a three bedroom apartment or house in the best area possible will be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 AM

219 posts, read 506,704 times
Not sure about San Antonio and Portland but I dont think Fort Collins has a bad area. If it does it's not going to be anywhere near as run down looking, crime ridden and dangerous as a bad area in the places I've lived, those being Phoenix, Kansas City and Denver, Phoenix having the worst bad neighborhoods by far. Have only taken short overnight trips to Fort Collins to visit friends but I dont remember seeing a true ghetto, at least not like the ones I'm used to.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:51 AM

192 posts, read 470,867 times
My Sister lives in Portland and says that the student- teacher ratio is going way off course. 45/1 in her past school and now has gone to private. Fort Collins has a better ratio and, while less diverse, maybe an easier clientel of students.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Definately Can't do Portland, (or any of OR) very poor public school funding (and CO struggles with that too). Ft Collins and Loveland (and Berthoud) are good school districts.

PARTS of San Antonio are great, other parts... not even good. BEST teaching gig in SA is at DOD school on Military Bases. But TX has pretty good schools and funding and LOTS of benefits for students continuing edu. I would do Wimberly or Kerrville (Near SA)

Best bet is WY and AK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area