Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,744,669 times

Advertisements

Reading the last 2 posts it is easy to see why people seem to get so confused, last I checked Fort Collins housing is actually higher then Denver, as well as the overall cost of living based on any calculator you can find.

Job market in Fort Collins also sucks, especially if you are a college student you are fighting with thousands of other college students, as well as recent grads who cannot find work in their fields yet insist on staying in Fort Collins.

If you do not want to live in fort Collins due to rental costs, then look in Laporte, Loveland, or Wellington, all are significantly cheaper, and while you will be creating a commute it will only be about 15-20 minutes to the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 PM

9 posts, read 23,425 times
I moved here from MI with 50$ in my pocket after paying for rent and I made it work. I was a CSU student and I found a job my 3rd day in town and went from there. It was hard and I do not recommend this but I also wouldn't stress too much. I am not trying to insult anybody else but a lot of these posts were about money, not wanting to use loans etc...isn't what you do with your loan money your business? My masters program is so expensive that even working full time I have to use my loan money, but that is off topic.

Like other people said if you go to CSU live in Fort Collins. It is a really fun and amazing town but in my opinion you may get sick of it after 3-5 years later....but then there is always Denver to move too. Good luck, I went to CSU for my undergrad and very much enjoyed it and Fort Collins. Amazing weather, tons of outdoor activities, lots of fun restaurants and breweries, and close to a lot of other fun cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area