Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,937 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am looking to start a club/collective based around the idea of coming together to share ideas, tips and knowledge of marijuana cultivation. Now that the provisions of Amendment 64 which allow for personal cultivation, possession and sharing of marijuana have gone into effect. The many people who have been enjoying marijuana cultivation and growing no longer have such a need to stay underground.

I have grown marijuana in the past (though I am far from an expert) and I really enjoyed the whole practice of indoor growing (perhaps more than actually partaking in the harvest!) I know there are others out there who have frequented online forums, but long to be able to talk to people in their area face to face and swap tips, techniques and bud as well as to enjoy the culture around cannabis (as the 'safer' choice to the brewery/alcohol culture that dominates Fort Collins).

If there is anyone out there who is interested in this idea, drop me a line. This is still in the early planning stages, but I think Fort Collins Growers Club has a good ring to it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Best choice is probably to start a meetup.com group.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,937 times
Thanks for the tip! Headed there now..

Old 12-30-2012, 10:31 AM

Cool. Let us know how you do....

Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,986,755 times
Wink Yes

Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps advise here when a time and place established?

Old 12-31-2012, 03:05 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,671 times
Why not just attend THC university In wake of Amendment 64, THC University opens | 9news.com

Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM

MOD NOTE: Please stick to the rather narrow topic of "Marijuana Growers Club" and use other existing threads if you want to speak to other issues on the MJ topic. We cannot have every MJ thread hijacked to discuss legalities, chemical properties, harmfulness, goodness, rightness, wrongness, pro and con, etc of MJ and the recent COLO Amendment 64.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-31-2012 at 01:36 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM

802 posts, read 984,230 times
wonderful idea, emma
raises various issues about site, neighbors, equipment, source of seeds/clones,
plant/storage limits, security, local ordinances, etc. all fun to ponder and discuss.
seems like ft collins *might* be a good area for it. someday, we can write a
guidebook for others.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:00 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,671 times
If someone does decide to organize this..please DM me. I have a fairly extensive background with non MMJ related horticulture, mainly roses,sub tropicals, and local perrenials. I have decided to start growing myself (greenhouse and grow lights probably.) I would love to pick the brains of experienced growers; I have been around the industry but never decided to grow myself..sounds cool.
I'll make the jaunt up to Fort Collins..

Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmawasright View Post
Hello,

I am looking to start a club/collective based around the idea of coming together to share ideas, tips and knowledge of marijuana cultivation. Now that the provisions of Amendment 64 which allow for personal cultivation, possession and sharing of marijuana have gone into effect. The many people who have been enjoying marijuana cultivation and growing no longer have such a need to stay underground.

I have grown marijuana in the past (though I am far from an expert) and I really enjoyed the whole practice of indoor growing (perhaps more than actually partaking in the harvest!) I know there are others out there who have frequented online forums, but long to be able to talk to people in their area face to face and swap tips, techniques and bud as well as to enjoy the culture around cannabis (as the 'safer' choice to the brewery/alcohol culture that dominates Fort Collins).

If there is anyone out there who is interested in this idea, drop me a line. This is still in the early planning stages, but I think Fort Collins Growers Club has a good ring to it..

I commend you on starting a Cannabis group. People need to know how to grow Cannabis in better ways and now that Amendment 64 has passed, Cannabis now legal!! Keep up the great work!! [ mod cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-27-2013 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: Links to commercial sites not allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area