Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,577 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Had been spending a lot of time reading here. thanks to all who post. currently live in florida and ready to make a big move to CO. Just spent a few days in Fort Collins and my family and I really liked it. I have a 14 year old daughter and dance is very important to her, have already checked out some dance schools and high schools. We have a 36 ft. fifth wheel and would like to be able to keep it on our property with a open carport or a garage. I see a lot of the new neighborhoods have small lots, were open to new, but would prefer an established neighborhood with mature trees. Need to be in the Poudre school district. Does anybody know about the restrictions about this? also will be looking for a non-denominational church. Our price range is up to about $500000. But would like to keep it closer to 4 . This is my first post here, any imput will be appreciated. We're heading back there tomorrow for a few more days, and plan to move by next summer, thank you.
Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 07:10 PM

98 posts, read 236,599 times
You could find a nice place in the country for that price. My parents live out north of Fort Collins (about 10 minutes out) and paid $325k for a nice house on 2 acres. We keep our travel trailer out there. If you want to live in town, you'll have to check individual neighborhoods as far as RV parking. I've seen it listed in some real estate listings from time to time. We'd love to have you check out our church. It's almost 4 years old, non-denominational, and we love it! The Pursuit Church - Ft. Collins, CO

Old 10-14-2014, 10:53 PM

718 posts, read 1,978,622 times
Gary,

Homes in subdivisions with HOA's are likely to prohibit parking the RV / trailer where it is visible from the street. The Colorado Contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate is contingent upon your review and acceptance of any HOA documents (which includes covenants, rules and regs, bylaws, financials, etc). However, to avoid getting too far down the road toward a purchase, you will want to let your Realtor know up front that this is a determining factor for you. The agent can then focus the search on properties where this is allowed. The local MLS has a data field for RV parking, so your Realtor should be able to search using that field and find some candidates.

As mentioned above by UltraGSD, you might find property on the edges of town that have enough space for parking the trailer and have no HOA or restrictions. Be aware that the Poudre School District ends at Trilby road on the south side of town, if you are looking in that direction. The district attendance area extends quite a distance to the north.

Some of the neighborhoods on the north end of town off Country Club Road and Gregory Road have room for trailer parking. I helped friends find and buy a home on just over a half acre in that part of town because they wanted to park their travel trailer at home.

Good luck and safe travels!
Mike Weber

Old 10-16-2014, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,577 times
Thank you Ultraz and Mike,
Were here now and will check all this out, appreciate the help. Just was in Windsor, wow lots of new construction, my wife was really liking, guess I could always do a storage lot if needed.
Thanks again
Gary

Old 10-16-2014, 08:36 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,602 posts, read 57,579,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccartney View Post
Thank you Ultraz and Mike,
Were here now and will check all this out, appreciate the help. Just was in Windsor, wow lots of new construction, my wife was really liking, guess I could always do a storage lot if needed.
Thanks again
Gary
or find a farmer friend that has a big empty building.

It is nice to have a rural place and add RV hookups for guests / boomerang kids / eldercare.

Hail / Wind Damage in Northern Colorado is a significant concern for RV's.

Very ez to sell an RV to a WY energy worker who is tired of living in a motel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
View detailed profiles of: