U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,211 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Greeley 6 years ago and honestly I loved it except one time I got chased by samalians for not paying attention when they were calling me I had to hide under a car but lets not get into that it was pretty scary. Anyways I am planning on moving back with my husband next year just not to Greeley we are leaning more towards Loveland/fort Collins/Windsor around that area. We are both 22 no children we have two dogs my husband is a Network Administrator and I am a student we are not looking to buy a home we just want to rent an apartment something affordable for starters (max $600). We are simple non-materialistic people so we are looking for somewhere descent where they will accept our pets, we keep to ourselves and we love the outdoors (yes we are boring like that for our age). Any advice on where it would be great for a young couple like us starting fresh would be appreciated!

Jobs?
Walking trails, lakes?
Pet friendly?
What areas to avoid? (noise, crime)
Rent/Utilities?

Anything you think I should know of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 07:08 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,393 posts, read 39,713,740 times
Where are you a student? Online? or a campus?

What Level of network credentials does DH have? (this may determine probable work location).

$600/ month is not gonna get you an apartment that accepts pets (which you don't want anyway...)
I would be looking for a rural place that has an extra home on a farm (so the dogs can enjoy life on the farm / no fences / no need for waiting to go for a 'walk'...) There are a lot of these farms between Greeley and Ft Collins. You will need to network with farm families to find one of these places. (and you might need to add some sweat equity) We don't advertise these on Craigslist.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 2,062 times
$600 a month isn't going to really get you anywhere decent in Fort Collins. For a one bedroom you'll be looking closer to 800-1000 or more. Even a studio will go more than $500 generally. Two bedrooms are not too much higher than one bedrooms (because of the current market). I found really nice duplex for $900 a month near downtown fort collins, but it was a fluke find. Greeley is a lot cheaper. As the poster said, rural properties could be a better bet. There are some low income/affordability places that don't look too horrible, but I haven't checked them out in person.

Basically, I was in your shoes with the pet thing. It is REALLY hard to find places that accept pets. Especially two dogs. I have no idea what size they are, but if they are over 30 lbs, you are gonna have to work really hard to find anything. The area is so pet friendly and pet loving, that it is almost like everyone has taken up the pet friendly places, leaving only the expensive, non pet areas to rent. Your best bet is to start looking VERY early and be ready to throw a deposit down ASAP if you find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or