U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 09:16 PM

98 posts, read 192,351 times

Advertisements

If your daughter lives near Fort Collins, I would suggest looking in Cheyenne, WY for a home. It's just a short drive for visits and much more afforable. It's a nice town that we really like. We spent 4 years in Fort Collins, but it's too expensive IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 06:17 AM

7,335 posts, read 16,559,867 times
We are giving it serious thought about returning to the Fromt Range in a year or so. Spent 5 years there in Englewood (south area) and Parker. Are now looking at Longmont and Loveland. By the time we leave here (northeastern Fl) we will both be fully retired. We are in our later 60's. Will be renting, not buying.

Florida just isn't for us! I'd recommend Loveland or Longmont to the OP. We really miss living on the Front Range (boating, fishing, rodeo action and Bull Elk (the "rut").

Old 10-03-2016, 12:07 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,096,886 times
I think I can afford Sterling ....or Portugal

Old 10-10-2016, 10:44 AM

20 posts, read 19,249 times
Default Moving to CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig2 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. We have friends from Texas who have visited a number of times, and have expressed strong interest in moving to CO. But they always go back, do research, do the numbers, etc. and invariably end up with no real options. When you are used to lean spending and keeping numbers low, it's hard to stomach what can come across as overspending.

How about turning around the discussion, and having your daughter move closer to you. That would accomplish being closer to each other
Well...we did try that route but she said "NO WAY" YES, Texas Summers are murder... and she's been in Colorado for nearly 20 yr. ...she has a good job, nice home, and lots of friends.

I'm retired and my husband has a few years left to work.... Even my daughter is feeling the pinch of the raising cost of living in Colorado.

Guess if I add up air fare and such it might work. However since I no longer work our budget it tighter.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:47 AM

Default Cheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltrazGSD View Post
If your daughter lives near Fort Collins, I would suggest looking in Cheyenne, WY for a home. It's just a short drive for visits and much more affordable. It's a nice town that we really like. We spent 4 years in Fort Collins, but it's too expensive IMO.
Funny you suggest Cheyenne.... My daughter mentioned the same thing. In fact she's considering Cheyenne as well. I'm visiting later this week and we are driving up there. I loved Fort Collins... Even Grand Junction, however their cost is raising.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:30 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,311 posts, read 39,584,036 times
Income Tax free WY can be a good choice, especially if you have association / benefits with military. However it is not cheap. (and is NOT Colorado +/-)

I have retired friends enjoying Wellington, and they go to Cheyenne at least 1x / week for church and other activities (they are not keen on Ft C traffic, and are military and FC police retirees)

other retiree friends from AZ are now enjoying Nunn, CO (not my taste either)

For low cost towns in NoCo, look into Briggsdale and Hereford, but you will be driving for most supplies / medical.

Enjoy the current CHEAP air fares and travel often.

SWA and Frontier often do DFW and AUS > DEN for under $50 each way (Currently $29, sometimes $19).

You cannot buy gas to get FC-DEN RT for $19

Old 10-11-2016, 06:32 AM

29 dollars !

Old 10-11-2016, 06:42 AM

Wellington has a subway

Old 10-12-2016, 05:58 PM

Jwiley: thank you for your reply. My daughter lives in Littleton...

Old 10-13-2016, 07:03 AM

I grew up in Littleton , I love it there but so expensive , some reasonable apts can be found , older smaller buildings . I like the geese that can be seen walking around town , gas station , Ketering park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area