Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:00 AM

8,882 posts, read 20,254,083 times

Advertisements

Wondering..........if anyone, on this forum or not, have interests like ours:

Powerboating on local lakes, going to RMNP for the Elk "rut", rodeo action?

When we had our house in Parker, we loved doing all of this and more. Do we miss Colorado? Well, the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo are about to happen and that is definitely an event we truly miss.

In all honesty, I think we made a big mistake leaving and moving to NC and then to northeastern Florida. Oh well, planning on making a week vacation to Loveland to check out some things and perhaps go to either the Larimer County Fair/Rodeo or to Cheyenne Frontier Days while we are there. Then, if we like it enough, making the move to there in May 2019.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 01:14 PM

1,913 posts, read 2,253,918 times
I don't have a horse, Rifle, Boat, ATV ,Motorcycle, RV , Camper trailer, Dog or Cowboy hat but I have a Chevy Silverado 2500 4 X 4 with a camper shell and access to private land/ Cabin at 10,000 feet , I love Colorado uh huh uh huh.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:49 PM

Well, we don't have any horses, even though I was involved in Team Roping and rodeo years ago. We don't hunt, just visit the Elk.

I know that not everyone in Loveland is a member of this Forum, but we did wonder if there was anyone that had similar interests like ours. I would think that it wouldn't be just a big bunch of "city folks" living there that have absolutely no interest in Western stuff or going to RMNP. But, then again, when we lived in Parker, nobody there was into rodeo or the mountains either. However, one family did have a nice size cabin cruiser that they would take to Lake Mead and put in a slip for the summer.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:36 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,575,500 times
LoveBoating, I'm just curious. You seem to be certain that you are moving to Loveland, yet you keep posting things here about what people who are there do and if they have similar interests to you. Not trying to be rude, but do you always overthink things so much?

I suspect that you will be quite happy moving back to Colorado. I just hope that you haven't built up your expectations so much that you will be disappointed or that you may not find exactly what you are seeking.

Have you checked out the "I Love Loveland" Facebook page? How about the "Visit Loveland Colorado" Facebook page? The "Downtown Loveland" Facebook page?

Old 01-04-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
LoveBoating, I'm just curious. You seem to be certain that you are moving to Loveland, yet you keep posting things here about what people who are there do and if they have similar interests to you. Not trying to be rude, but do you always overthink things so much?

I suspect that you will be quite happy moving back to Colorado. I just hope that you haven't built up your expectations so much that you will be disappointed or that you may not find exactly what you are seeking.

Have you checked out the "I Love Loveland" Facebook page? How about the "Visit Loveland Colorado" Facebook page? The "Downtown Loveland" Facebook page?
Well, if Elk are still in RMNP, there are still rodeo action in Pueblo, Denver, Greeley and other areas, the lakes in Loveland are as nice as shown on the Internet, we should be fine.

Simply done this Thread to find out if others in Loveland might share the same interests.

We aren’t, and won’t be, 100% sure of moving there until we visit this coming summer. However, we do know that Loveland and The Front Range are better for us than where we are right now.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:23 AM

1,913 posts, read 2,253,918 times
Come on down ! you will find those people in Loveland and maybe even Wellington who have similar interests I am sure .

http://www.visitestespark.com/events...ents/elk-fest/

Old 01-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
Come on down ! you will find those people in Loveland and maybe even Wellington who have similar interests I am sure .

http://www.visitestespark.com/events...ents/elk-fest/
Been to Estes Park both for their Rooftop Rodeo and on our way to RMNP. Actually, we drove to the Summit, which WAY high in RMNP.

We done a lot of things during the 5 1/2 years we lived there.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:07 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,345,345 times
Hopefully your summer visit will clear things up a bit. Considering Loveland is pushing 80,000 in the limits proper with many more in the outskirts and is really not it's own town now, but part of the sprawl (with some preserved greed space) that stretches from Ft Collins to Denver, there is a lot of variation in peoples' interests.

Many people, like a lot of people in Colorado are very interested in outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing and camping. I'm sure there are a good number of people interested in rodeos and boating too, although I don't know any.

While still much smaller than large cities, Larimer County is pushing 350,000 people and doesn't feel like a 'small town'. There are huge numbers of people pouring in and lots and lots of tract, beige housing is going up everywhere, in every direction. While a good place to live, especially for working and raising a family, it is becoming too congested and 'suburban' like for our tastes, so we are preparing to leave for rural Custer County in southern Colorado by the end of the year.

For your trip, be sure to drive east on Eisenhower (Highway 34) and south down Taft and Highway 287 to check out the new development and sprawl. Also, Highway 34 to Estes is completely closed for reconstruction with brief openings on holiday weekends, so you will have to go down to Lyons and up 36 if you plan to visit Estes while here on your trip.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Hopefully your summer visit will clear things up a bit. Considering Loveland is pushing 80,000 in the limits proper with many more in the outskirts and is really not it's own town now, but part of the sprawl (with some preserved greed space) that stretches from Ft Collins to Denver, there is a lot of variation in peoples' interests.

Many people, like a lot of people in Colorado are very interested in outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing and camping. I'm sure there are a good number of people interested in rodeos and boating too, although I don't know any.

While still much smaller than large cities, Larimer County is pushing 350,000 people and doesn't feel like a 'small town'. There are huge numbers of people pouring in and lots and lots of tract, beige housing is going up everywhere, in every direction. While a good place to live, especially for working and raising a family, it is becoming too congested and 'suburban' like for our tastes, so we are preparing to leave for rural Custer County in southern Colorado by the end of the year.

For your trip, be sure to drive east on Eisenhower (Highway 34) and south down Taft and Highway 287 to check out the new development and sprawl. Also, Highway 34 to Estes is completely closed for reconstruction with brief openings on holiday weekends, so you will have to go down to Lyons and up 36 if you plan to visit Estes while here on your trip.
Well, unless some folks there have read anything on the Internet about Jacksonville, FL, they wouldn't know just how much "sprawl" and population increase that's happened here since we moved here in 2009. In this local area of 913,000 people, and that's not the entire area, we've seen multiple apartment complexes going up. Actually, in the area of our Dodge Dealers, there are so many new apartments that have been built, it looks like a city in itself. Yes, that many people in that one area!

5PM traffic can be horrendous here, depending on which direction a person is going. Wife and I agree that the traffic here is really starting to look like Los Angeles or even Denver's I-25 during "rush hour".

Question is, why do so many want to move into Loveland and that area?

As already stated, we are not looking for a "small town" environment, just an area that is much smaller than where we are and that has the things we loved about living in Colorado for 5 1/2 years.
Another thing, the crime here WAY outdoes the crime in Loveland or the area.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:09 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,345,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, unless some folks there have read anything on the Internet about Jacksonville, FL, they wouldn't know just how much "sprawl" and population increase that's happened here since we moved here in 2009. In this local area of 913,000 people, and that's not the entire area, we've seen multiple apartment complexes going up. Actually, in the area of our Dodge Dealers, there are so many new apartments that have been built, it looks like a city in itself. Yes, that many people in that one area!

5PM traffic can be horrendous here, depending on which direction a person is going. Wife and I agree that the traffic here is really starting to look like Los Angeles or even Denver's I-25 during "rush hour".

Question is, why do so many want to move into Loveland and that area?

As already stated, we are not looking for a "small town" environment, just an area that is much smaller than where we are and that has the things we loved about living in Colorado for 5 1/2 years.
Another thing, the crime here WAY outdoes the crime in Loveland or the area.
Loveland is certainly smaller than a large city like Jacksonville, and even with the tremendous growth and sprawl, it still feels small enough in many ways. I live in the 'Old Town' area, which makes the city feel like a small town still, with a nice stock of older, well maintained homes on tree lined streets and friendly neighbors.

You can go just a bit west, towards Carter Lake and be in the country very quickly, although they are starting to build up that area too, having just finished relocating large colonies of prairie dogs. In fact they are building up more and more in every direction. I work from home, so I don't really ever have to deal with 'rush hour' traffic, but I know it's not nearly what it would be there. I-25 getting to and from Denver can be quite an experience at any time of the day, imo and try to avoid that if at all possible.

I think you will find what you're looking for in Loveland. I believe you've stated you plan to rent. If you're looking at apartments, I'd look towards the west end of town or possible the south-they have just built a lot of new apartments or town homes near 287 and Taft, but have no idea about prices and that sort of thing for those.

Yes, crime isn't an issue here at all and the entire area is generally very safe, and it feels very safe, too. People want to live in Loveland and all along the Front Range Urban Corridor because of the gorgeous weather, scenery, outdoor recreation, low unemployment and booming economy and generally great quality of life. It's still very pleasant as of now, but with the influx of people, we are starting to experience issues with affordability, especially with regards to housing and of course increases in traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area