Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

University of Texas, Austin graduate relocating options, Fort Collins, Cupertino, or Boston, loves cold weather, runner who loves outdoor activities, hiking, biking, diverse larger community

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl1082 View Post
I grew up in northern CA, am currently living in Boston, and am moving to Fort Collins the end of this summer.

I think all 3 locations are completely different. CA is an amazing place and I miss it like nothing else – but, with that being said I don’t think that I would move to Cupertino. It’s close to San Jose which isn’t the best of towns, the whole area is over crowded, hot and dry in the summer, expensive, and there are a lot of “fake” people there (yes, fake boobs included! lol) – money seems to be the priority of a lot of people. The one positive factor is that it’s not too far from San Francisco and Santa Cruz, which are two of my favorite cities.

Boston. Oh Boston. It’s a great city architecturally speaking – but it’s hard to find many redeeming qualities other then that – except for the wicked subway system and history of course People literally live on top of each other in “multifamily houses” aka “triple or double deckers”, people are rude, keep to themselves, driving is freakin crazy (if you don’t start moving after 3 seconds once the stop light turns green people will honk at you, forget about people letting you get into their lanes), it snows a lot, and it’s hot, humid and rainy in the summer (my face felt so sticky and gross walking home from work today, so the humidity has already started). It’s not as expensive as CA, but it’s not cheap either - $1500 gets you a 2 bedroom flat in a multifamily home with gas running $150 per month in the winter (at 58 – 60 degrees during the day, 50 at night), or if you aren’t lucky you’ll get an oil tank that you have to fill up several times a year (sometimes multiple times during the winter) at about $400 a pop.

I’ve only been to Fort Collins once and I am excited to move there. It seems like it moves to a slower pace, the downtown is quant, the houses are cute, and there are wide streets (most streets in Boston are one way because they are so narrow), and there are a lot of outdoor activities. Good luck in your decision!
YOU are going to love Colorado.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 10:51 PM

47 posts, read 220,930 times
excellent! I'm glad to hear that!!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:54 PM

59 posts, read 194,225 times
Okay Joe, you are hysterical! Made me laugh~Loveland, Greeley. Each community has its strengths. I would stay near Fort Collins for the younger professional. Also, Miramont Sports Center is a big place for Tennis players...(Southeast side of town).

There aren't a ton of foreclosures in Fort Collins right at the moment, 38 to be exact out of 1778 current home listings. Of the 38 listings 15 are under contract. So, there are 23 homes in foreclosure for sale. This is a great time to buy. The interest rates are low and the prices are still fairly low. As stated before the homes are still increasing in value each year.

Fort Collins is a great place to live if you like to be outdoors and you like the seasons! It is my favorite part. Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area