Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 01:59 PM

336 posts, read 697,819 times

Advertisements

Love the seclusion...but wondering if the roads get maintained during
snow...or if it's a do it yourself sort of seclusion....how about the area?
Anyone know anything about Livermore that would be of interest to
a newcomer? Schools? I know they are probably small...are you
allowed to drive your children into Fort Collins? Well, any information
will be appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 08:08 PM

423 posts, read 1,958,946 times
Terri I know we have talked a little about this and I was waiting for someone else to help you out, but it does not look like anyone is familiar with the area. I use to live up there right off of County Rd 74E. The main roads do get cleared in the winter but if you get off of them at all then you will have to own a tractor to get out, and of course there are times when a tractor will not even get you out. There is not much in Livermore. There is a elemetary school, then for middle and high schools your kids would go into Fort Collins. I have heard rumor that Fort Collins is doing away with the "your choice" schooling which means your kids would have to go to the closest school. I am not too familiar with that however. There is a small local restaurant which is closed most of the time and a post office. That is pretty much it. People just driving through probably don't even realize it is a town it is so small. From the actual town of Livermore you are looking at a 15-20 minute drive on a clear day. If you like seclusion Livermore is the place for you.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:19 PM

336 posts, read 697,819 times
Thanks Tom...just found this post...I'm visiting too many Colorado threads... I looked at the
houses that you sent....I liked the 5433 N. Rim Rd house...along with the other two that I had
already mentioned....the schools won't be an issue for awhile...my youngest daughter is pregnant
with her our first grandbaby...so by the time the baby is in school...we will either be well adjusted
to the area...or fled back to Texas with our tails between our legs...haha I had been planning
a road trip back to Colorado to look at some of these houses and then we had that hurricane...
so my plans got put off...hope to make it back there soon to find a house...thanks again for
your help...

Old 10-06-2008, 05:33 PM

423 posts, read 1,958,946 times
Congrats on the first grandbaby!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area