U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-27-2009, 09:09 PM

3 posts, read 9,493 times

Advertisements

I'm an African American woman and I really need a relaxer, but I just can't bring myself to drive to Denver and Colorado Springs because I have school. If anyone knows of a place that I can go to get my hair done, please let me know!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,495 times
When I lived there several years ago, I went to Caribbean Hair Flair, owner Jean Vick. You can look her up.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:55 PM

I cant seem to find her anywhere online, is there a website or a phone number you could give me?

Old 07-02-2009, 12:22 PM

139 posts, read 199,073 times
hay,charity 1515 did you just move to FC? if so I am looking to talk to someone,or anyone about relocation, I was born at Fort Carson an it has been almost fourty plus years,do you like it there? an about how far is Grandjunction? I really wish someone could help me out with direction,I will be comeing in blind I want to make sure I am in a good area it will be me,myson, an my disabled vet. husband so any comments would help so far I have been told to look at loveland,stay out of greeley,look at wellington just want an area where my husband an I can enjoy an our son can find a job an continue his coll.I miss home so far I have been told they have gangs,not looking for utopia just looking to start anew my husband is fifty+ to give you an idea,an we want to make sure our son meets some nice people an eventul- get his own apartment but I need to know if this is a good move an would have to have access to a hospital for my husband, MISSING HOME AN THE REAL COLO.PEOPLE.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-02-2009 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: OP correction.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charity1515 View Post
I'm an African American woman and I really need a relaxer, but I just can't bring myself to drive to Denver and Colorado Springs because I have school. If anyone knows of a place that I can go to get my hair done, please let me know!

Hi Charity,
Don't know if your still in Colorado but I'll be moving to Fort Collins in a week and have the same need as you describe. If you or anyone out in Fort Collins have any contacts to anyone who can do African American hair please contact me. I greatly appreciate it.

--Nay

Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrancenay View Post
Hi Charity,
Don't know if your still in Colorado but I'll be moving to Fort Collins in a week and have the same need as you describe. If you or anyone out in Fort Collins have any contacts to anyone who can do African American hair please contact me. I greatly appreciate it.

--Nay
Hey Nay, I'm still in colorado and I haven't found any places yet. If you find anything let me know.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 PM

7 posts, read 14,321 times
I just moved here too and I'm looking for someone who can do relaxers as well... the only thing I could find online was this: Fort Collins Salon | Our Stylists | le Salon

One of their stylists can do "ethinic hair" but on their list of services it doesn't actually mention relaxers... I'm going to give them a call soon to ask about it...

But, charity1515 and lawrancenay, if you find anything could you please post it here? I'd really appreciate it!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:02 PM

7 posts, read 14,321 times
I also found this: https://www.facebook.com/maxinesfoco

I'll give them a call soon too... I'll post again...

Old 07-23-2011, 09:48 AM

5 posts, read 12,066 times
I'm moving to Fort Collins next week and I'm looking for a stylist that can do African American hair. Sar0380-did you go to Maxine's Shears & Wigs? Would you recommend it or another place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area