U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2009, 09:08 AM

7 posts, read 21,247 times

Advertisements

My daughter will be starting at UNC in the Fall. We are from the East Coast and are trying to convince her she does not need a car. However, we have arranged a few flights for her from Denver, but one is from Colorado Springs...

Is there public transportation from Greeley to Colorado Springs or a bus transit company?

How is the pubic transportation around Greeley for her to get to Wally World, etc.... I've read older posts that Greeley is not a nice town? Lots of crime? Please reply. I'm getting nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 09:48 AM

2,755 posts, read 8,688,003 times
Flying out the Colorado Springs is probably not a great idea coming from Greeley -- any way you can change your ticket to leave from Denver?

If not, the only public transportation to the Springs that I know of to parts north would be FREX, an inter-city commuter shuttle run by Springs Transit. It is a very nice bus for a very reasonable price, but it goes to downtown Denver, and no further. It also only goes to downtown Colorado Springs on the other end, and that only on weekdays. From there, you could probably connect via Springs Transit to the airport, but you need to check on that because I've never done that.

Getting to Denver from Greeley will be a hassle, however. There are several private providers that service Denver -- Greeley, Shamrock being one of them. They are expensive, though.

All this is going to take you pretty much all day. If time means anything, you're probably better off doing a one way rental with Enterprise or something like that, or if her trip is a short one like for a weekend, you could just rent the car in greeley, take it to the springs airport, and pick it up and drop it off again in greeley.

As for Greeley and crime, it is known for having some gang issues for town its size, but I think crime is only on the high side compared to towns like Fort Collins and Loveland. Compared to any large city, its crime problems are fairly minor, IMHO.

As for public transit in greeley itself, they do have a small bus system; nothing to write home about, but it would get your daughter to shopping and back if need be. In truth, Greeley is small enough that she might be better off just riding her bike everywhere.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:18 PM

36 posts, read 69,791 times
Default Greeley

Hello there. Me and my wife flew in to Denver the first time being from florida stayed in Greeley for a week. Greeley is not what a lot of people say it is. Maybe in some areas of town but over all it is just like any other small town. Being from Florida we are looking to Relocate to Greeley. I have a 22 yaer old son there at thi time and he ids doing good. I will be relocating there sometime in September, October. Were are you from?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:16 PM

7 posts, read 21,247 times
We are from Maine. We visited Colorado on a family vacation 6 years ago and she fell in love. We are winter sport people. So your son goes to UNC? That's quite the climate change from Florida! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area