Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 AM

4 posts, read 6,756 times

Advertisements

Hey, I am moving to Fort Collins this weekend for a short term assignment(4 months to be exact) for work. I am in the process of looking for an apartment and used car, but I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

I seem to be having a very hard time finding an apartment that offers less than a 6 month lease. Does anyone know of some quality apartments that will offer a short term lease? I'm looking to live in South or Central Fort Collins, and I have had very little luck.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations/good experiences with used car dealerships in the area? Since I've never been to the area, and I'm looking for a car, I dont want to get ripped off.

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips you can offer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 01:51 PM

169 posts, read 670,972 times
Not a lot of options on short term lease. I'll post where I rented and it ain't club med, but it does do the job. Might work for you since its a temporary deal. The mgmt is pretty responsive on fixing stuff, but the place is older, built in the earlier 70s - that kind of deal. The good is that is it fairly central, near a large park (right across the street), and right on the main bike trail. The best attribute was the location. In my experience, I found that short lease places tend to be the lower end of the spectrum, but have not searched around in a long time.

Brookview Apts

Google Map

There is another place about a mile away - also near the same park on the south east side. I think they also offer short leases. A bit newer, but also more expensive. Might try with searching google for "fort collins apartments" and then calling places. I know that is what I had to do. I hear your pain though I had 2 requirements pet friendly and short lease - that made my list very short
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area