U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-06-2009, 06:56 PM

15 posts, read 35,895 times
Question Fort Collins renting & weather

Read several old posts but we want a few direct answers:
How is Fort Collins as far as renting homes? Many to chose from? Price range/size?
What are the temperatures really like in Fort Collins year round? How much snow & do you wish there was more? Also, is it humid (keep in mind we're from Houston, Tx where it's extremely humid!)
Lastly, if anyone knows about the accounting industry, husband is a recent grad with a little experience building down here right now.

Thanks! We've been searching for a good town in Colorado and think we've nailed it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 AM

566 posts, read 1,217,598 times
I can give my perspective on the weather. Won't be much help on renting except to say that there are many beautiful neighborhoods in FC. Before moving here we explored dozens of towns in the western US and found FC to be best combination of a place with great neighborhoods, shopping convenience and business opportunities. It's an unusual town in that it really does not have an ugly or run down part of town. There are older parts and the usual problems in the neighborhoods near the college, but there are no places that you feel you must avoid.

The weather is typical of high altitude places. There is very little humidity especially compared to Houston. In the winter the humidity gets so low that many people need humdifiers. Snowfall is not a big problem. It usually melts in a few days because of the many sunny days year round and the high altitude. Cold and wind are problems I have had trouble adjusting to. Winter daytime temps usually feel comfortable, but as soon as the sun sets the temp drops fast. It freezes here at night seven months of the year. Summer temps are not bad (80's to low 90's), but it does feel hot in direct sunlight due to the high altitude. The wind can be a nuisance. It sometimes blows for days.

Overall it is a beautiful place with tolerable weather all of the time and truly beautiful weather most of the time. If you consider all aspects of living and especially if you are escaping from a deteriorating place like California, Fort Collins is hard to beat.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:17 AM

169 posts, read 456,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobmw View Post
I can give my perspective on the weather. Won't be much help on renting except to say that there are many beautiful neighborhoods in FC. Before moving here we explored dozens of towns in the western US and found FC to be best combination of a place with great neighborhoods, shopping convenience and business opportunities. It's an unusual town in that it really does not have an ugly or run down part of town. There are older parts and the usual problems in the neighborhoods near the college, but there are no places that you feel you must avoid.

The weather is typical of high altitude places. There is very little humidity especially compared to Houston. In the winter the humidity gets so low that many people need humdifiers. Snowfall is not a big problem. It usually melts in a few days because of the many sunny days year round and the high altitude. Cold and wind are problems I have had trouble adjusting to. Winter daytime temps usually feel comfortable, but as soon as the sun sets the temp drops fast. It freezes here at night seven months of the year. Summer temps are not bad (80's to low 90's), but it does feel hot in direct sunlight due to the high altitude. The wind can be a nuisance. It sometimes blows for days.

Overall it is a beautiful place with tolerable weather all of the time and truly beautiful weather most of the time. If you consider all aspects of living and especially if you are escaping from a deteriorating place like California, Fort Collins is hard to beat.
Agree with the above. I came from Louisiana. Totally new world (and love it).

BAHOWELL: If you are looking for rent prices and estimates, search this forum or better yet search this forum with my username as a criteria. I've given my estimates on rental prices and I think they are pretty accurate - you can also check some of the sites I listed in my posts to search for current numbers. Good luck!

Old 09-24-2009, 07:44 AM

13 posts, read 23,692 times
There are plenty of rentals, different price ranges. Don't know how much you are looking to spend or how bis so it really varies. Weather is decent more sun than gloom. I don't think there is too much snow, but it all depends on the year. They keep the streets well kept so it's not like like driving on ice slicks all of the time. Not much as far as humidity, which is good. If Houston is anything like San Antonio I would say there is pretty much no humidity in comparison. It does get cold, in the negatives in winter, but it doesn't feel too bad. I love Fort Collins its a great clean place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area