U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-12-2010, 04:11 PM

5 posts, read 12,311 times
Default Apartments for those w/ bad credit????

Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Fort Collins in March and would love to know of any rental agency that will rent to those who have bad credit. Last year really hit us hard financially and despite our best efforts, left us with bad credit scores. Good news is that we've paid off our debt and am able to pay rent in advance for six months. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Also, I am currenlty a New Grad LPN....can anyone suggest where I might find employment as a new grad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 AM

52 posts, read 73,301 times
I would try to avoid rental agency's with bad credit they usually tend to want a double deposit or a cosigner. Work wise depends on what you want to do. There is Poudre Valley Hospital, also Medical Center of the Rockies in Loveland which is about 10-20 min away depending on where you live in Fort Collins. If you would like to work with the elderly there are plenty of nursing homes most of them ran by Columbine Health. Hope you like Fort Collins it is a college town but very beautiful. I can't wait til my finace and I move back.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:47 PM

179 posts, read 273,763 times
Look in the newspaper classifieds and find a private landlord. Craigslist doesn't seem to be good in Fort Collins.

Also, I'll give you a secret tip of mine. (I was able to rent in CA with a dog and bad credit). I made a rental resume that was a set of several documents, including a description of why my credit was bad. It was about 5 pages long, because I put references going back forever and friends references and a reference letter for my dog. I put my photo on the front with a list of my interests, just like a photo resume. Stapled it all together and my landlords claimed it was "very impressive". Got me the apartment!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM

357 posts, read 802,626 times
I'll be honest. FC is a hard place to find nsg jobs right now - lots of competition. There are several nsg schools in the area graduating more nurses (lpn and rn) than there are jobs for. I went to nsg school in FC (frcc) and would prefer to live there but left for better job opportunities.

I also rented in FC - your credit score isn't the only thing they look at. They look at your monthly income and if it is 3x what the rent amt is (gross income). FC is a 'buyers market' for apt rentals - there are more available than there are renters, so you should be able to find something, even w/bad credit.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM

5 posts, read 12,311 times
Thank you to everybody who responded! I will def take advantage of all the suggestions. @ RYA700 - Thank you for your honesty, can you suggest which cities I may be able to find employment in as a new grad LPN? Also, where can I go in fort collins or els where to become IV Certified?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area