Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 05:20 PM

36 posts, read 122,915 times

Advertisements

Getting back to the Costco question, I sent an email to Costco last year suggesting they locate a store near Ft. Collins and saying they'd attract Ft. C, Greeley, Loveland, and Cheyenne and Laramie residents. They wrote back saying just "we have no plans to build a store in that area." That doesn't make any sense to me. I don't shop at Sam's Club because I don't like the way the Walmart empire treats its employees, and I know others in my town, Greeley, who feel the same way. We'd love to have a Costco nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Garbus View Post
Getting back to the Costco question, I sent an email to Costco last year suggesting they locate a store near Ft. Collins and saying they'd attract Ft. C, Greeley, Loveland, and Cheyenne and Laramie residents. They wrote back saying just "we have no plans to build a store in that area." That doesn't make any sense to me. I don't shop at Sam's Club because I don't like the way the Walmart empire treats its employees, and I know others in my town, Greeley, who feel the same way. We'd love to have a Costco nearby.
Thanks for your input, Julia. Maybe if enough people send them messages.... They haven't responded to mine.....but I sure will post if they do!

I have 3 in my general vicinity, (and 2 more 'down the road'), 2 have gas stations....all of them are busy at all times.... True, this is a heavily populated area, but I KNOW that the Ft. Collins area could handle one and it would definitely make money.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:07 PM

45 posts, read 184,283 times
I know this is an old thread.. I have just been a lurker for a while and decided to pipe in. Costco was at the Windsor Business Fair a month or so ago. Windsor was to have a Wal-Mart build on the W side of town however, that has fizzled out because of the Timnath store is not doing well at all.

From what I hear from my sources, Costco is looking at the development where Wal-mart was going into as all the infrastructure work has been done.. I will ask and see if there has been any new developments over this last month. I would not mind seeing Costco in Windsor as it is better than another Wal-Mart plus we are Costco members. We just drive down south about once every 3-4 weeks to the one in Thornton.. Really is not a bad drive, good excuse to get out stretch the legs on one of the cars and kill some time on a Saturday..

Old 12-27-2011, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,942 times
I was at the Thorton Costco about three months ago and talked to an employee at the service desk. She told me that the upper administration was visiting the property they own south of the Timnath Walmart to start the planning process of building a warehouse. She then told my wife and I of an expected opening date of September of 2012. I still have yet found any information supporting what the employee told us.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 AM

That might be true, I do know they will be building one up north here which will be good for the area. We really enjoy the store.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,513 times
There is more than a rumor that Costco plans a new store across from Walmart in Timnath. The current manager of the Thornton store is slated to become the manager of the Timnath location. Ask the manager if you are in the Thornton store for any updates!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,289 times
Glad to hear there is a Five Guys I am relocating from Washington DC and I love five guys here

Old 10-26-2012, 02:50 PM

99 posts, read 225,990 times
So does that mean that the Costco would go in between the highway and the Sweatsville Zoo? Or am I thinking of the wrong Walmart?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootmeg View Post
So does that mean that the Costco would go in between the highway and the Sweatsville Zoo? Or am I thinking of the wrong Walmart?
Correct Walmart.. From my understanding the Costco would be north of the zoo on the north side of harmony / CR 74..

Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,724 times
One is now in the works for 2014.
[url=http://999thepoint.com/finally-a-costco-is-comingto-the-fort-collins-area-timnath-to-be-exact/]Costco Is ComingTo The Fort Collins Area In 2014[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area