Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,613 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Milliken for a year now (and Evans for 4 years before that) and I like it a lot. I grew up in a very small town <1,000 and I like it here because it has a small town feel without the politics and drama. We have a dollar general a few restaurants and 2 gas stations. The closest grocery store is in Johnstown, (2 miles) and that is handy for getting things you forgot. We usually go to Greeley or Loveland for most of our grocery shopping. I commute to FoCo for school/work, and it's not bad, about 40 minutes to get to CSU. Have commuted to greeley for work too which is a very quick and easy drive. The only downside to Milliken can be the smell of feedlots but you'll get that in Greeley too. I like it better than Evans because I feel safer and there is no traffic noise here. Very friendly neighborhoods too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 12:16 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
It has been almost 8 years since this thread was active. Milliken has grown a fair amount. So have Evans and Johnstown. I'd be interested in an update on how the growth is going in any or all 3, pluses and minuses. This growth spurt slowing down or roaring ahead ?

Anything folks can add about gardening there, the government officials / services, recent crime trends, etc. Stats I see say the air quality is not good in Milliken or Evans but that Milliken is better. Noticeable? Is it feedlots, industrial, energy development or all and / or other? Another source suggests it is fine.

I understand they are small towns becoming bigger bedroom communities. Trying to understand what they've added to last 8 years in terms of shopping (especially grocery stores?) restaurants, parks?, libraries, banks, etc.

I've read the 2 forum threads on Evans. I have visited Greeley in past and have read about it on & off and will probably re-read some as needed. Johnstown I know a bit more than I do Milliken and Evans but more is better. I've read / re-read most of the 8 Johnston articles but they are pretty short and generally 5-10 years old so new info might be helpful.

Last edited by NW Crow; 01-15-2018 at 12:59 AM..

Old 01-15-2018, 11:25 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Decided to wade thru the POSTS that mention these towns in the body of the thread but not nrcessarily the title. About 25 on Milliken, 75 on Evans and 200 on Johnston. The threads at usually mostly about Greeley and Loveland but you can pick a stray tidbit of some value about the smaller places here and there. Many of these posts seem familiar after I see them but I needed to re-see them. Kind of a messy way to get info but take what you can get. Will browse the newspapers and Google maps later.

Last edited by NW Crow; 01-15-2018 at 11:37 AM..

Old 01-15-2018, 03:26 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
The last time the OP posted here was in June 2010, and his/her zip shows as 67357.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area