Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 04:09 PM

5 posts, read 7,412 times

Advertisements

Hi,

After I was confused to what part of Florida should I move into. I've finally decided that "Broward country" is best for me. I have relatives who live in miramar and Hollywood. However I want to buy a condo, and since this is my first visit to Florida, I believe that it is best if I chose places near to my relatives. As I was reading many of the the threads on the "Broward country section" I've realized that most recommended cities there are:

*Weston
*Cooper city
*West Davie
*West Pembroke pines
*Miramar
*hollywood
*Plantation
+ all other good ones, but that are a bit far to where my relatives live.
Tell me if I'm still missing some of the other good near by places.?

My main concern is to stay in an area that is "close to relatives" (30 min drive max) at least for the first couple of years.

I need a place that is close to beaches, malls, shops, restaurants, Gyms, and THE NIGHT LIFE. Basically all the good stuff etc...

One of the MAIN points is the overall cost of living and Housing, I want a place where i can afford a nice condo and a decent quality life.

I'd also would be VERY interested in natural beauty & access to nice public spaces/parks.

Most definitely it has to be a safe low crime rate area.

I really need all the help i can get, so please tell me which area you believe is the best for me and all other important information. Please do mention examples and supporting details of why you believe it's a best/worst area (pros & cons), I wouldn't mind comparison between the mentioned areas.

All the suggestions are GREATLY APPRECIATED !! Thanks so much....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area