Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:41 PM

4 posts, read 21,697 times

Advertisements

North Andrews Gardens is a great area in Oakland PArk You may also want to look into Twin Lakes South. Schools are A rated. Lots of young families and kids all over the neighborhood (in a good way) We are looking to buy a home in that area right now. I would not reccomend Lauderhill, North Lauderdale, or some parts of Tamarac. I was a 911 dispatcher and those areas are bad and so is Pompano.

Oakland Park is also very centrally located between Wilton Manors, and Fort Lauderdale.

Boca is Pricey and alot of Coral Springs is either pricey or getting run down plus Coral Springs is out west do if you plan on working east (fort Lauderdale etc) you are going to be dealing with dreadfull traffic.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 PM

54 posts, read 338,008 times
I live in Oakland Park, so here's how I see it. Oakland Park north of Commercial is spotty along with the area between Commercial and Prospect. I consider the area south of Prospect to be the area where the most crime takes place. It's generally a very dark and shady area. Also, just north of prospect is 43rd st., which is arguably the most dangerous street in Oakland Park. I know for a fact there is a high volume of drug activity on this street, and in the past 3 months there have been 4 instances where helicopters have hovered over that street with the spotlights on, for reasons I am not sure of. Also, I would not recommend the Harlem McBride neighborhood. There is a high level of crime, and a high level of drug dealing in that area.

North Andrews Gardens is a spotty area, and though crime has never been a major problem with crime in the past, crime has been increasing fast in the past couple years. Drug dealing, fights, and property crime have been known in this area for sometime now, but most recently the violent crime has been happening more often. A few months ago, 2 teenage boys, ages 17 and 18, were stabbed (seperately) on 56th street. Just a few weeks ago, a gang of about 30 people were anticipating some kind of fight..and the same time, a teenage boy was walking towards North Andrews Neighborhood Park from Andrews Ave. when a car pulled beside him and fired shots at him. Luckily, no one was injured.

Though this does not happen often, its still happening and it never use to. So I wouldn't call Oakland Park completely dangerous, but it is obviously not what it used to be.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,526 times
Default can anyone tell me about this area of oakland park?

Hello! I am looking to move into Oakland Park, just north of Oakland Park blvd, in between Dixie and North Federal. I have heard that it's an okay area, it's about 2 minutes west of the Coral Ridge Mall, can anyone give me any insight? Thanks so much!

Old 11-15-2010, 11:13 AM

4 posts, read 7,483 times
I live in North Andrews Garden now and it's actually a pretty quiet area. I like it a lot so far.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:03 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,239 times
I have personally observed elderly prostitucion in Lauderhill around 11 years ago, one day late in the morning around the Lauderhill Mall ,when I had to go to the traffic and vehicle registration branch office in that area. Since then I have never stepped within the city limits of lauderhill and I hope I do not have to do it anymore in my life.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,239 times
Heylieboo...that area of Oakland Park between Dixie Highway and Federal Hwy, north of Oakland Park Blv, is pretty much OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area