Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:09 PM

12 posts, read 22,087 times

Advertisements

I did not make any of that up. I have family in Ocala. I spent a month there in central and northern Fla. If you want to know where the mass exodus statement is coming from go to the those areas and when you see 9 out of 10 houses for sale or foreclosed in a stretch of road a couple miles long and this is every road. I traveled for weeks I mean hundreds of miles in every direction and saw the same thing. That would be a basis for my statement.
Realtors almost desperately trying to sell anything and go as far as lying about anything to get someone to sign on the dotted line. This happened to me several times or actually every one I spoke to really so again it is not a made up statement.
Taxes are going nuts because of the rapid and continued growth most infrastructure could not handle it so all areas had to spend mucho bucks trying to catch up and now the fact that so many have left they are losing the tax base and in their so called wisdom the just keep upping taxes thinking it will be the way to make up the shortfall when all it does is drive more away.

I did countless hours and hours of research not just city data but the US science depts like Geographical studies and water studies all done by US Govt testing. This is not made up. The fact that S Fla uses 80+ million gallons of water a day and their aquifers can only replace less then 75 million gallons and the data about the local govt. using treated water from treatment stations to replenish the aquifers is not made up. Go search and you can easily find the same data I did.
The fact that developers and greedy local govt. leaders allowing the protected sanctuaries (Everglades) to be filled and used for housing is not made up. It is starting to destroy the fragile eco system in the south. The news reports of snakes and gators having no natural habitat left due to development much illegal in nature has forced these predators in land where they are causing safety concerns to people is not made up.

The flow of illegals down south which has been documented by the US Govt. is so overwhelming that it has been stated by others to be a major epidemic. If these are not major issues I really do not know what to say.
I know illegals are a problem in many areas of the country now but Fla. is so saturated now it would take years for these other parts to get close to the numbers Fla. has.

Yes water is declining all over because of greed and yes we are doing it to ourselves but it just happens that Fla, S Fla to be exact is under the gun real heavy now and it will not get better. It can and will only get worse. There was an opinion from a study that a number of affected Fla. areas paid to have done to see what can be done with this major water issue. One of the suggestions was to divert water from the northern part of the state to the south which will just make the problem more widespread and will not fix anything. Another suggestion was to use desalinization methods but it was determined that would be too expensive.

I have spent months researching this and lastly just read some of the forums. I see at least a ratio of 40-1 people saying they are leaving Fla and asking about where to move in other areas. I just read a few today where someone mentioned moving to Fla from the northern part of the country and a number of people told them to move to Alabama or Georgia because Fla is in big trouble.

I hope your comment is not just because you are in Fla and are scared of what is coming for you.

All I told anyone was to do the research and make up their own minds. I have no interest either way in relation to Fla only that I will not be going there.

I know this type of thing will probably happen in many cities as time goes by. As long as greed is the driving force behind what many do it will not change. I do not enjoy this information. It bothers me to see this great nation in such trouble.

I hope that my time spent researching this info will at least make others do the same and maybe, just maybe somethings may change for the good for once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area