Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2007, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,019 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody,

I wonder how do you rank thees cities in fort lauderdale compared with price, crime rate, neiborhood, convenience? Davie, cooper city, pembroke pines, Miramar, Dania, Plantation, Lauderdale hill/lakes, Oakland park, Williton Manors....., Which one is good to live in?

Thank you very much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 12:30 PM

423 posts, read 1,642,548 times
Davie and Cooper City are probably the best choices... pines, miramar and plantation are also great (western parts of those cities). I wouldn't want to live in any of the others. BTW, You can also add Weston to your top list since it is really nice. Feel free to ask any other questions that you may have

Old 06-30-2007, 01:38 PM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Run a forum search on Broward County and on all the cities you named, one by one. We have been through thorough discussions of Broward in general and most or all of the cities you mentioned in the past few weeks, with specific information even down to zip code and sub-sections.

Prices are pretty much the same throughout Broward County, except on the coast (higher), near downtown Ft. Lauderdale, which is also on the coast (highest), and in the more spotty neighborhoods, usually around Dixie Hwy and I-95 (lower).

Almost everything is still overpriced, especially in the spotty neighborhoods, maybe less so on the coast and the best of downtown Ft. Lauderdale. There is some relatively new construction in Hollywood relatively better priced, but you have to know the neighborhoods, and, besides, it's not on your list.

Anyway, good luck.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:55 PM

518 posts, read 2,225,536 times
Add Coral Springs to the list if you're open to something in north Broward.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:22 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,108 times
parkland, weston, parts of coral springs, parts of davie, parts of coconut creek and east of US1 are still somewhat liveable but bring an absolute Ton of cash and your spanish dictionary.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,019 times
Thank you all so much for the nice help !!

Old 07-02-2007, 07:11 AM

3 posts, read 9,278 times
Default frustrated with job market

I'm back again (since March) and cannot find a job. Any ideas? I can't really afford to move back to NY - last time I did that I regretted it.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,965 times
City of Pembroke Pines is divide into the new and old section. the major difference between the two is that the east side (old) the majority of the homes do not have HOA, while the west side (new) the majority of the homes have HOA. The city has alot of recreational activities for kids, public schools are great. We have three major highways crossing our city I-95, Turnpike and I-75, all travel north and south. From a family perspective, living the past 15 years PP is a great city to raise a family. Hope this is of help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area