Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:01 PM

3 posts, read 12,514 times

Advertisements

i wouldn't neccessarily say all dat! miami gardens is completely fine! if you want a warzone go to west palm beach! i heard dey got higher crime rates den compton!

yea dats real i kno bout sistrunk, deepside, franklin park, melrose park, sunland park, tater town, and a few otha areas! i kno lauderdale got a few gutta parts! i was born dere and got family who live out dere!

Last edited by Keeper; 11-17-2008 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: same poster/info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 PM

71 posts, read 297,356 times
I live in the eastern portions of Miami Gardens, and I do not see that kind of behavior on this end. Also, the city of Miami is gentrifying very quickly, and -- unfortunately -- many of the gentrified are moving to the far-flung suburbs (which includes Miami Gardens). When you go from having a basketball court right down the street and a plethora of things to do to a suburban area where everybody drives and "things to do" are not in walking distance, of course young people will turn to crime. It's a systemic problem. There needs to be more youth centers and centers for people to hang out and feel safe. A lot of the reason these communities have high crime is because there isn't enough for people to care for. Of course, the bad folks get ALL the media attention because it boosts ratings and feeds into stereotypes, but Miami Gardens is not all bad, and in terms of the crime that exists, the MGPD is working hard to clean up the streets. I'm encouraged and excited!

Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 PM

39 posts, read 121,480 times
I hope MG is improving. The area was great back in the early 80's, then fell down into the slumps over the latter years. Since incorporating and getting its own police dept. hopefully its getting better. There has been more commercial/retail businesses opening up over the years bringing in more money to the local area.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:06 PM

367 posts, read 941,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale81ave View Post
i've been to the miami gardens area plenty of times recently and it does look like ****, to be honest with u... it looks like a ghetto and i understand it is supposed to be a "black suburb" but its not. there are MANY shootings and murders that occur in miami gardens on a REGULAR basis, i've heard 5 stories of babys being killed by gunfire... i've heard of fast food places beging shot up by unsatisfied customers, i've heard of random innocent victims being killed in driveby shootings and shootings at random cars... it sounds hectic over there, when i visit (in broad daylight) i always see someone being arrested for drugs or SOMETHING... miami norland high school which is right down the street has ON CAMPUS shooting during the school year, and it doesnt even break the new because its a regular occurance... residence of miami gardens have often expressed their desire to move... i;ve seen worse places but miami gardens is definetly a hellhole, not as bad as other neighborhoods with projects to highlight the community but its not safe AT ALL, i wouldnt live there... theres ghettos in Broward that I would never live in and Miami Gardens is worse than any ghetto in the 954 area, including Sistrunk Blvd.
Such exxageration I been here my whole life living and have yet to witness a murder.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:37 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Way to revive an old thread from 2008.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:31 AM

367 posts, read 941,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Way to revive an old thread from 2008.
Thanks

Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Miami Gardens is one of the most dangerous sections of Dade County (isn't portion of it in Broward County too though?). It is made up of several of the poorest cities of the past, including a major chunk of the old Opa-Locka.

However, Riviera Beach, FL, the northern neighborhood of West Palm Beach, is home to the most dangerous zip code in all of Florida.
You may have lived in Dade County 8 years but I've lived in the area of Miami Gardens for 22 years and can assure you people are NOT exaggerating!! I've not only heard of several shooting deaths but have actually seen the aftermaths of 2 of them...right here on my street! By the way, Carol City IS Miami Gardens! I really hate when ppl talk about things they obviously know nothing about. Either you don't know anything about MG or you're being paid to portray it as a non-violent, "nice" place to live. So which is it? Granted, since we got our own PD, crime is down some...but not much.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:21 PM

266 posts, read 402,764 times
Having "Gardens" in your name in FL seems to be a plague.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,785 times
Ok this is not quoting the correct post. I don't know what happened. The quote was supposed to be for blakklight.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 PM

266 posts, read 402,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyT View Post
You may have lived in Dade County 8 years but I've lived in the area of Miami Gardens for 22 years and can assure you people are NOT exaggerating!! I've not only heard of several shooting deaths but have actually seen the aftermaths of 2 of them...right here on my street! By the way, Carol City IS Miami Gardens! I really hate when ppl talk about things they obviously know nothing about. Either you don't know anything about MG or you're being paid to portray it as a non-violent, "nice" place to live. So which is it? Granted, since we got our own PD, crime is down some...but not much.
May I ask what's kept you there so long? I left Dade partly for such reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area