Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 01:08 PM

5 posts, read 39,085 times

Advertisements

We are currently relocating from a suburb of Boston to the Fort Lauderdale area.

I was told that Boca would be the best area to live with a teenage daughter because of the high schools and crime compared to the FLL area.

Is this true? Are there certain parts of Boca we should stay away from?

Thanks
Todd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 02:43 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,297,123 times
the public HS are better than the Fort Lauderdale HS in our opinion....Look into Spanish River HS and Boca Raton HS....2 of the best schools here in Boca....Our son is a Junior in Spanish River and couldn't be happier however Boca Raton my son has friends who attend there and love it and so do the parents...as well as our friends who are very happy with the school as well...

Spanish River you can look in the zip codes 33433, 33434 and 33496

Boca Raton High School: 33432, 33431 and parts of 33487

Good Luck

Old 01-17-2012, 04:25 PM

74 posts, read 274,227 times
I definitely agree that Boca would be a better choice. The schools are better and the crime is typically lower. Spanish River is a great school.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 AM

5 posts, read 39,085 times
Thank you all, we'll definately look in those areas. Is there any rental agents in the area who help with relocating people to find rentals?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:11 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,431,519 times
There are tons of rental agents. You will have no problem finding one. My suggestion would be to stick with one agent because they will all pounce on you like bees on honey if you let them.

Boca is a laid back suburb with low traffic, low crime, good schools, and lots of conveniences in terms of shopping. You are also nearby the beach and close enough to Fort Lauderdale to go for leisure if you want.

Fort Lauderdale is high traffic, high crime, lots of people and density, poor schools, and higher cost of living than Boca. There are some good suburbs in Broward County you may want to consider like Coral Springs and Parkland which border with Boca.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:20 AM

74 posts, read 274,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineCopper View Post
Thank you all, we'll definately look in those areas. Is there any rental agents in the area who help with relocating people to find rentals?
I suggest Rent 1 Sale 1, they're pretty good. They usually helped me out.

Also, you may want to avoid using Home Run Realty, I had a lot of headaches when I tried using them. The agent I got had me follow him from Coral Springs to Delray Beach, then down to Boca, then back up to Boynton. The place he wanted to show us in Delray Beach we couldn't look at because it was gated and he forgot the code to get us in and couldn't get in touch with the lady that gave him the code. The place in Boca was way out of our price range but he said that it fit our other criteria so he was hoping we could stretch our budget, and the place in Boynton was a dump.

We wasted 3 hours of our time with him overall and a lot of gas because of him.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:31 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,785,309 times
You can also look at Weston, if a better school is a priority.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,297,123 times
Ru with all due respect the Boca Schools Compare to the Weston Schools as I have a freind who teaches in one of the Weston Schools and when we spent time in Weston as it wasn't for us, The schools were just as good as here...and our 2 High Schools actually surpassed Cypress at one point however in my opinion they are rated all as well as the other from a parent standpoint since I did extensive research on both of these area's...One of our neighbors who just moved here from Weston and their son Was is a sophmore at Cypress Creek and goes to my son's HS and after talking to them about it she said our HS is just as good as Cypress and they are very pleased with their decision to move here..their son fit in nicely, and really likes the kids this school.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area