Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:20 PM

96 posts, read 344,513 times

Advertisements

Will you be commuting to/from work? Is this for retirement? There are many fine communities in SW Broward. A lot depends on what amenities you want around you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 05:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,482 times
Default house leasing rules in Pembroke pines, miramar, florida

Hi, i wanted to know the house leasing rules in pembroke pines resort in miramar florida, the initial deposit (without a credit history) if i would pay the rent on a month by month basis.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:43 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Too bad you limited yourself to a "gated" community as that leaves out the best part of Broward- Southwest Ranches. Probably too exclusive and expensive anyway, but definately a cut above Weston. Rememebr that no matter where you buy you have to lease the property from the Government for 2% of it's "assessed" value for life. Let's see, 400,000 x 2% = 8,000 per year.... not such a good deal huh?
I don't think the OP will find anything under $400K in SW Ranches. It's really nice there, but the prices will be WELL upwards of $400K.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
IMO Weston is nicer than anywhere in Miramar .... see Country Isles , The Meadows and The Ridges for 3/2 homes in the $ 400K price range .
Country Isles is a great community in that price range, but it's not gated. I think the OP should go there though, as the community is really nice. It is a little older than the rest of Weston and was build with nice sized lots compared to the newer communities (The Meadows and The Ridges). In that price range also consider Savanna, The Isles, The Islands, The Falls, North Lakes, and The Lakes (all in Weston). I am not as familiar with the individual developments outside Weston, although we have friends that live in Westport (Plantation-bad schools after elementary), Embassy Lakes (Cooper City-nice), Rock Creek (Cooper City, also nice but not gated), Silver Lakes (Pembroke Pines-nice, don't know about schools).

Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
The OP hasn't logged on for months. I like the older non HOA communities in Cooper City. They resemble the "traditional" suburb more to me. If I was going to live in a gated newer community, I would rather be in Weston. Silver Lakes is in a decent (Rated anyway) school area K-8, and the new high school "LLL" (now it has a name, West Broward) they are building out there looks promising.

West Broward High School

Old 01-21-2008, 07:36 PM

39 posts, read 370,953 times
Default stay away from Miramar

Well, I work for Miramar. I have been here for 8 years and I would honestly have to tell you to stay away. And yes, I am talking about Western Miramar. Pembroke Pines is much nicer and Weston is even nicer !! My pick would DEFINITELY be Weston over Miramar or Pembroke Pines....but keep in mind that real estate on the average in Weston is a tad bit more pricier.

Good luck !

Old 01-23-2008, 02:32 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,202 times
Despite SW or NW Broward area, how is Coral Springs compared to Weston or Cooper City? in terms of quality of people, cost of living, safety?

Old 01-23-2008, 02:40 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Despite SW or NW Broward area, how is Coral Springs compared to Weston or Cooper City? in terms of quality of people, cost of living, safety?
What does "Quality of people" mean? I'm not criticizing, I just want to hear your definition. It would help me answer your question on that.

Otherwise, C. Springs is always usually one of the 25 safest cities in the country. Last year it peaked at #10 safest. You can get a good 1 bedroom apartment for about 900 a month which is a little less than other cities. There are some decent restaurants right in the city limits on "restaurant row". A couple of crummy pockets exist in C. Springs along Sample Rd and Coral Ridge Drive, but it's mostly clean. However, Cooper City and Weston are cleaner because they don't really have any bad pockets. I would say the property crime rate is about the same as Cooper City but higher than Weston. The violent crime is higher than both cities, but still much lower than average. It has more conveniences than Weston or Cooper City but it's also more congested and if you need good schools, the schools are typically not as good, especially at the high school level.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
What exactly do you mean by quality of people? Coral Springs has some rough areas, but most of it is nice. I am not a fan of any of the high schools around here but I think that Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Taravella HS are both considered good. Parts of CS feed into those schools. I think Cooper City HS is ok. My kids go to private school so I am not as familar with the details of high schools as I would be if my kids were feeding into them.

Coral Springs and Cooper City are less upscale than Weston, however, there are some very upscale individual developments in Coral Springs. Cooper City is a little less upscale than Weston, or the more upscale developments in CS, but does not contain any rough neighborhoods.

CS is more congested, but it has absolutely everything you could possibly need right there in town. Weston is less congested, has wide streets that are nicely lanscaped but you need to leave Weston to get to a larger mall and some restaurants. CC is a little less congested than CS but still more congested than Weston. However, if you work in Fort Lauderdale, CC is closer.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:09 PM
NNC

2 posts, read 54,163 times
Out West Miramar, I am in love with Monarch Lakes. They have some of the most beautiful houses there. Beautiful community IMO. I also Like Silver Lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area