Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 PM

18 posts, read 62,667 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a good Asian grocery in the downtown Fort Lauderdale area.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 PM

166 posts, read 347,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennchick View Post
I'm looking for a good Asian grocery in the downtown Fort Lauderdale area.

Any thoughts?

There are some of those in the Pembroke Pines area.

So, do you still want to like hang out, watch birds, and then like grab dinner and stuff, and then shop at an Aisan market, well without your imaginary husband ofcourse?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 AM

995 posts, read 3,929,603 times
It is not in downtown but the largest asian grocery opened this year in sunrise. Its called new York mart and located at nob hill and sunset.

It's about 20-30% cheaper than the asian grocery we have been going to.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Old 03-16-2012, 02:38 PM

326 posts, read 949,644 times
There is a little Japanese market in the Gateway shopping center on Sunrise near US1. I've never been in it so I don't know really know anything about it, but it is the only Asian type of market I've seen in or around downtown.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:46 PM

They are not like in the downtown area, but more like in the burbs.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:08 PM

3 posts, read 12,404 times
Default Asian market in Fort Lauderdale?

The market in Fort Lauderdale that 2ForTheSea is referring to is called "SASAYA" and it's simply a dream.

They have all things Japanese; from (not so) typical packaged items like shrimp chips and ramen noodles to rare high quality frozen/refrigerated foods such as gyoza, shumai, natto, oden, and mochi (both ice cream and regular - which is such a treat!). They carry a fantastic Sake selection and cool Japanese gift items as well.

If all this is not enough, they have OUTSTANDING eat-in or take-out sushi and the most ridiculously delicious steamed pork shumai. Everything is so reasonably priced (even though it doesn't have to be), and the owners are so genuine and sincere (he's the one making your sushi and she's the one ringing you up) it's honestly hard to believe that you are in south Florida and that this place actually exists.

pennchick, I hope this helps!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiggidy954 View Post
The market in Fort Lauderdale that 2ForTheSea is referring to is called "SASAYA" and it's simply a dream.

They have all things Japanese; from (not so) typical packaged items like shrimp chips and ramen noodles to rare high quality frozen/refrigerated foods such as gyoza, shumai, natto, oden, and mochi (both ice cream and regular - which is such a treat!). They carry a fantastic Sake selection and cool Japanese gift items as well.

If all this is not enough, they have OUTSTANDING eat-in or take-out sushi and the most ridiculously delicious steamed pork shumai. Everything is so reasonably priced (even though it doesn't have to be), and the owners are so genuine and sincere (he's the one making your sushi and she's the one ringing you up) it's honestly hard to believe that you are in south Florida and that this place actually exists.

pennchick, I hope this helps!

You know, when people refer to Asians, they usually mean Chinese and not Japanese.

You signed up to make this post. What's your agenda or connection to 2ForTheSea?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 PM

3 posts, read 12,404 times
Default Asian market in Fort Lauderdale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManGuy View Post

You know, when people refer to Asians, they usually mean Chinese and not Japanese.

You signed up to make this post. What's your agenda or connection to 2ForTheSea?
You know, when people refer to Asians, they usually mean those of Asian decent.

I don't know 2ForTheSea, but I do know about the market they referred to.

I have been a "lurker" on this forum for years now and my desire to share and contribute is what compelled me to sign up and post. How about you? You haven't contributed anything of substance or anything that even remotely makes sense for that matter and this is your third reply in this thread.

But hey, thanks for the warm welcome anyway, NotSoSuperManGuy. Cheers!

Old 03-24-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiggidy954 View Post

I have been a "lurker" on this forum for years now and my desire to share and contribute is what compelled me to sign up and post. How about you? You haven't contributed anything of substance or anything that even remotely makes sense for that matter and this is your third reply in this thread.

But hey, thanks for the warm welcome anyway, NotSoSuperManGuy. Cheers!
You're such a hater!

Old 03-24-2012, 09:29 AM

36 posts, read 85,160 times
Haha this is actually making me laugh a bit.

I guess your definition of Asian depends on your level of knowledge.

I'd have to say the only people who use Asian to describe ONLY Chinese are only doing that because they learned that it was politically incorrect to call all Asians Chinese. Asian is a blanket term for geographical reference that even includes Indians.

So are we now to assume that calling someone Latin or Hispanic only refers to Cubans? And I guess SuperManGuy is not an American any longer, instead he should only be referred to as Floridian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area