Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 04:21 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Geographically, it would make sense for you to live in Plantation or Sunrise.

Plantation appeals to me more.

Lauderhill or Lauderdale Lakes don't appeal to me at all.

Tamarac may be good, although you may find it very boring, seeing how you are in your 20's.
Where in Plantation is he going to buy a house for $150K?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 08:43 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Where in Plantation is he going to buy a house for $150K?
Not in Plantation Acres, that's for sure

Old 08-13-2016, 07:01 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Not in Plantation Acres, that's for sure
But where else? Plantation is fairly expensive even in the older neighborhoods.

The thing with Plantation is that if you go to Realtor.com and look for homes in Plantation in lower price ranges (under $200K) lots of stuff will come up but most of them are in Lauderhill, Sunrise and western Fort Lauderdale. If the OP is considering the city of Plantation proper there will not be very many single family homes under $200K. The ones that are there will be in Lauderdale West, which is age restricted or they will be in very very very rough shape.

If we are going to be helpful to people we have to be careful with Plantation. If you just pull up listings you will see lots of stuff under $200K but that stuff is in Realtor.com as part of the Plantation area not necessarily Plantation proper. For someone looking for a SFH in Plantation in decent shape the price range will be over $200K. Most will be over $250K. This is not for the top neighborhoods of course but for older areas (still nice though).

I know that you are from Weston. I lived there for 10 years and still have ties to Weston. There is a tendency for people who live in Weston to think that everything outside of Weston is low end and much much cheaper than Weston. To some extent that is true. Plantation is less expensive than Weston but it isn't that much less. When someone lists a price limit of $150K Plantation will not give them many choices for single family homes.

The best neighborhood in Plantation for lower priced single family homes would probably be Broadview Park but even there you can expect to pay around $200K for something in good shape. Broadview Park in the neighborhood between the Fort Lauderdale Country Club and 595.

I'm not picking on you as I think you are one of the most helpful people on this forum. I am trying to get a post out there that details why listings in Realtor.com that say Plantation may not be all they seem to be.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:17 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Prices have almost doubled since 2012. Other than a small condo in a less desirable area, I'm hard-pressed to believe you can buy anything for $150k these days. Maybe I'm wrong, but the price sounds very low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area