Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 AM

3 posts, read 12,460 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am in the process of buying a townhouse in Cobblestone Pembroke Pines FL and have a few questions about the complex. All your help is greatly appreciated.

According to the sales office there is going to be a second exit built at the other end of the complex that connects with Pembroke Road. Is this true? Is there a state website where I can verify if this is true? Is there a timeline set? Will it be a Gated exit with security personnel?

For those of you that live or have lived in the community: Do you like it? Are there any problems with the community I should be aware of? Is the current HOA taking good care of the complex?

I know the HOA covers basic cable and alarm system. Is the alarm system connected with the main gated exit and security personnel, or is it more a I will make lots of noise until you get home type of alarms? Is the Comcast basic cable any good? Is it HD digital or the grainy stuff?

Does anybody know what is the current timeline for the completion of the complex?

Does anybody know a good inspector?

Thank you all for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 PM

399 posts, read 720,766 times
From what I was told (5 years ago), there is definitely a plan to link the future south entrance to Pembroke Road, of course that would have to wait until Pembroke Road is extended over I-75 and connected to the other Pembroke Road at SW 145th Ave. That won't be until 2014, according to this link:

Pembroke Road overpass: Missing link of Pembroke Road over Interstate 75 planned - Sun Sentinel

I'm pretty sure it will have the same gated setup as the current entrance.

As far as the alarm, I think nowadays that the hardware is in place, but you have to set things up with the alarm monitoring company (not sure if there is a dedicated company, or you have to get your own). If the alarm trips, it goes to the monitoring company, who will try to reach you (either home phone or cell), and if they don't reach you, they will contact Pembroke Pines police to respond. The front gate is not involved in this.

The deal with Comcast is for limited basic + extended basic. You get all the local channels, plus many of the basic cable channels (WGN, USA, CNN, HLN, MSNBC, CNBC, Fox News, ESPN 1 & 2, Discovery, etc.). Of course, you can always get the Xfinity package for more channels. The basic offering to the HOA is SD, if you want HD, you would have to get the upgrade from Comcast. You can also get Internet (this isn't included in the HOA package, you'd have to order that direct from Comcast). Do NOT, under any circumstances, get the Xfinity voice package!! Comcast sucks with phone service Unfortunately, the alternate A Terrible (&) Telephone company isn't any better. Might want to look into a internet-based company like Vonage.

That's about all I can comment on. Your salesperson should be able to help you with the other details. Good luck, and hopefully you won't have a psycho for a neighbor like I do! (If you can, try to meet the neighbors on either side fo you before finalizing the deal, although if you're getting a unit in one of the new buildings currently under construction (around SW 12th St) that of course won't be possible. In that case, keep your fingers crossed.

Hope that was helpful

Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 12,460 times
Thank you so much for your reply. It answered many of my questions.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:23 AM

4 posts, read 16,185 times
Hi AJCC, how has the purchasing process been? I'm considering purchasing one of the condos. Any wiggle room in the listed prices?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:43 PM

389 posts, read 1,078,051 times
I beleive the prices are firm and IMHO a bit overpriced. But it is a nice little area.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM

That's what I'm feeling that's its overpriced...But, trying to figure if its worth taking the plunge now...According to sales agents, prices have increased $10k since May

Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 AM

How much are the townhomes going for there if you don't mind my asking?

Edit: Ok, I just looked online and saw nothing less than $199,900. For a townhouse that is crazy!! And their association fees are a lot as well.

For around that general price you can find a home in Chapel Trail or Silver Lakes.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Townhomes (brand new) are fairly expensive...$280k to $321k for a decent size
I also am considering condos, as the biggest (1780 sqft) is $225 brand new.
Only thing is I'm not sure if it is wise to dump that much in a condo with HOA dues of $378/mo for condos and $265 for townhomes...

Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM

I'm telling you,. for that price you can get a nice single-family home. Way overpriced...

Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM

Aghh.....true. I don't really want the maintenance for a single family home. I'm all confused at this point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area