Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:27 PM

23 posts, read 82,596 times

Advertisements

Just doing some research and cannot find a good daycare anywhere, nor any reviews anywhere!!! I saw Cambridge academy so I want to know if anyone out there has any reviews on any daycares in the Pembroke Pines area, I will even drive a bit if it means my son will get the best quality care possible. I paid $180 a week in tampa at a beautiful, clean place with caring teachers. that is all I am looking for. I went to look at one here yesterday and it was so old and stinky inside. please, if anyone out there knows of a good one, let me know. I love Weston and dont mind driving there either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 01:39 PM

326 posts, read 1,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerall View Post
Just doing some research and cannot find a good daycare anywhere, nor any reviews anywhere!!! I saw Cambridge academy so I want to know if anyone out there has any reviews on any daycares in the Pembroke Pines area, I will even drive a bit if it means my son will get the best quality care possible. I paid $180 a week in tampa at a beautiful, clean place with caring teachers. that is all I am looking for. I went to look at one here yesterday and it was so old and stinky inside. please, if anyone out there knows of a good one, let me know. I love Weston and dont mind driving there either
Do you mind driving to Davie? Near the University Drive exit on 595 there is the Nova University childhood center. After age 3 there is also the Summit Questa Montessori school with its after care program. Neither is cheap, probably a lot more than you have been used to. But they are both clean and good (excellent in the case of the school).

Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 AM

23 posts, read 82,596 times
I tried looking online for the Nova childhood center but couldnt find it. do you know of any good daycares in Weston? just curious. ive heard that area is very good

Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
My neighbor sent her twins to Cambridge. I know she was happy with it, but I did hear it was pricey.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:26 PM

326 posts, read 1,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerall View Post
I tried looking online for the Nova childhood center but couldnt find it. do you know of any good daycares in Weston? just curious. ive heard that area is very good
Here it is:

Mailman Segal Institute

Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
My son went to Chesterbrook on Sheridan and i-75 - it was well run with quality care - though pricey. Both kids now go to a school in which is excellent -- but a school - not daycare - starting at age 3. Weston has excellent options - particularly if the child is 2 or older. For under 2 I would look at Kindercare - I have heard that they are awesome.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,367,900 times
before i moved to Davie from Pembroke Pines, my daughter went to One Step at a Time on Johnson St. and Palm. Awsome school!! cant say enough good things! Especially compared to the school shes in now... they truly are a learning center.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
The Kindercare on Johnson - west of 184th is very good; Chesterbrook on Sheridan is also very good. Age 3 and up - sagemont is very good or Temple Dor Dorim.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,683 times
Unhappy great daycare, but worse managment

my son attended Alice's Enrichment Center at Flamingo and Sheridan for about 1y and half. Great facility, the teachers are great and caring. However the owner does doesnt know anything about keeping his customers happy. They have no flexibility about waving late fees or special requests from parents. I recently lost my job and was trying to keep my son as part-time basis, (which they dont offer for some stupid reason since ALL the other schools do have that option) and was asked to send a letter which I have never got the reply or a call back. Again, the staff and the school are great, the managment is the the worse!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,756 times
Cambridge academy in Weston has ignorant and arrogant administration. Both, director and assistant, have their daughters in the school. Both ladies are measuring other parents kids by their daughters! Both ladies expect our kids to fit in their expectation level. My son came back from the camp without underwear and socks because the camp is understaffed, undepaid and ignorant to pay close attention to the kids. They expect 5 years old kids to be self sefficient and independent without an assistance. My son came back hungry numerous times from school because he didn't like the snack at school and he was not offeered his snack from his lunch bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area