U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,813,203 times

Advertisements

Where would you rather live: The Inland Empire in California, or Broward County in Florida? Both are thought to have generally nice weather and beautiful scenery, but which city is better? Which has better:
-palm trees
-people
-cost
-weather
-scenery
-activities
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 AM

83 posts, read 189,908 times
Never been or heard of Inland empire but just my thoughts on Broward, again this is my opinion others may disagree:

-palm trees--- yes tons of them, just about the only tree in south Florida if you ask me
-people -- people are pretty rude here, no way around it, whenever i go anywhere else I am shocked when random people say good morning to me on the street that never happens here. Drivers are pretty crazy you'll get used to getting cut off, tailgatted etc..
-cost -- can't compare with Cali since I've never been there..
-weather -- hot and humid for about 10-11 months our of the year....its not the heat that gets to you but the humidity. especially from April -September you cannot walk to your car without feeling like you just took a shower. The rest of the months are still hot if you ask me but a bit less humid.
-scenery --if you love the beach, you'll love it here since it is so close
-activities Other than beach-related activities, not much, the weather is honestly too hot / humid to do much else outside for most of the year.
Again this is my opinion, this may all be great for you if you love this kind of weather / scenery.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 AM

5,100 posts, read 8,081,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Where would you rather live: The Inland Empire in California, or Broward County in Florida? Both are thought to have generally nice weather and beautiful scenery, but which city is better? Which has better:
-palm trees
-people
-cost
-weather
-scenery
-activities
Palm Tress- Broward county for sure.
People- Inland Empire for sure. More laid-back, nicer, calmer souls
cost- maybe broward? not sure though.
weather- Hmmmmm, thats a tough one. Inland empire gets quite hot in the summer, it's the desert, but so does broward! Tough one
scenery- Inland empire- mountains
activities- tie.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,127,263 times
They are enlightened and passionate enough in California to legally allow sick people to take care of themselves with medical marijauana. Tens of thousands of students AT BERKELEY of all places went to hear a libertarian texas congressman speak about peace, prosperity, the constitution, what's right and wrong while in Florida, dozens of people gathered round newt gingrich who spoke of more government, more war, more spending and less freedoms or another guy who said the same thing or a different guy who said the same thing.

In broward county, as in the entire byzantine state of Fla the same oz of legally purchased cannabis which a friend of mine did tonight at elemental wellness in San Jose, will net you a felony charge and ruin a percentage of your life.

I'd say that despite the despots who have apparently run California into the ground financially, the people there are waking up in a big way which is promising for the future. The opposite is in Fla . My opinion .

Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 PM

4,311 posts, read 6,563,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
They are enlightened and passionate enough in California to legally allow sick people to take care of themselves with medical marijauana. Tens of thousands of students AT BERKELEY of all places went to hear a libertarian texas congressman speak about peace, prosperity, the constitution, what's right and wrong while in Florida, dozens of people gathered round newt gingrich who spoke of more government, more war, more spending and less freedoms or another guy who said the same thing or a different guy who said the same thing.

In broward county, as in the entire byzantine state of Fla the same oz of legally purchased cannabis which a friend of mine did tonight at elemental wellness in San Jose, will net you a felony charge and ruin a percentage of your life.

I'd say that despite the despots who have apparently run California into the ground financially, the people there are waking up in a big way which is promising for the future. The opposite is in Fla . My opinion .
Drugs are bad, mkay?

Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM

2,955 posts, read 12,571,023 times
As I understand from the wiki, our air is far better in Broward which was a key consideration when i moved here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area