U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,020 times
Default 55+ looking for cheap retirement community

Can anyone give me a list of 55+ mobile home communities in and around the Fl Lauderdale area that might rent cheaply? My husband recently got a job in Dania Beach and we have to move but already have a house that we can't sell because of depreciation in another state, so will have to rent it out and we don't want 2 mortgages. Of course we want a relatively nice community but don't want to pay more for rent than we hope to get here. Between 500 and 800 is what we are thinking we can afford. Are we dreaming? I can't seem to pull up a list on any of the search engines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 11:15 PM

11,490 posts, read 25,992,256 times
We lived in the area for 20 years, and I think you may be dreaming. There were very few mobile home communities in the first place, the hurricanes took out a lot of less sound housing, and building codes make the possibility of new inexpensive ones slim. The level for rent won't get you much, much less a safe place.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:56 AM

175 posts, read 178,882 times
Century Village.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM

930 posts, read 1,351,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayNagin504 View Post
Century Village.
Yeah, that's a good option.

But the budget is quite low for SoFL, it'll be difficult to find basically anything at all decent and safe within that price range, unfortunately.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM

138 posts, read 125,585 times
You can buy a condo in Sunrise Lakes for less than $15,000. I wouldn't suggest it (since Sunrise Lakes is going the way of Inverrary in Lauderhill), but it's worth looking into.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 PM

221 posts, read 145,410 times
Mobile home parks not too many anymore in South Florida

but many Condo communities 55+
try looking for condos designed for retiree's
get a realtor and he/she will take you to all the 55+ condos in the area

Old 07-13-2013, 06:57 AM

16 posts, read 9,325 times
Default Resident Owned Communities in Broward County FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by junibug View Post
Can anyone give me a list of 55+ mobile home communities in and around the Fl Lauderdale area...
If you'd consider buying instead of renting, I'm trying to maintain information originally provided by the late Michael G Freeman about Resident Owned Communities (ROCs). ROCs also occasionally have rental properties.

The data for Broward County is here:
https://sites.google.com/site/reside...lorida/broward

Old 07-13-2013, 10:35 AM

654 posts, read 472,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayNagin504 View Post
Century Village.
This, there is a Century Village in Deerfield Beach which is at the north end on I 95 in broward. I saw a really nice one bedroom 1.5 bath apartment condo for sale for $22K, includes water and 105 channels of cable and other perks. You have to pay cash, but after that your maintenance and facility fees are only $350 a month. I would have bought it, I'm in m 40s and some mobile home parks will let you in if you have a person over 55 on the lease, this place won't, they make sure the person over 55 is living there. Otherwise the 1/1 are going for $26K and over.

There are a few nice mobile home communities in Pompano Beach (highlands) and the Deerfield Beach border. A lot rent in a nice park will cost between $600 and $700 plus water in some.
check this site. http://www.mhvillage.com/

I know Dania Beach has one, but it's real close to the beach and the park looks old. You want a place with nice roads, lawns and a community pool.

Last edited by NowSoFlorida; 07-13-2013 at 11:01 AM..

Old 07-13-2013, 10:40 AM

654 posts, read 472,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor88 View Post
You can buy a condo in Sunrise Lakes for less than $15,000. I wouldn't suggest it (since Sunrise Lakes is going the way of Inverrary in Lauderhill), but it's worth looking into.
I checked a condo cheap in Lauderdale Lakes I think. I took Oakland park Blvd to around 68th ave. I went at night to look around and I would not live there for free.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,142 times
This place looked safe & really nice but starting price is $799. [url=http://www.senioroutlook.com/listing/12802/park-city-west]Park City West Fort Lauderdale FL - SeniorOutlook.com[/url] Hope it helps someone with the same problem as the original poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area