Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:55 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,822,860 times

Advertisements

So you pretty much saw San Michelle and the Town Center. Not all Weston is like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 PM

22 posts, read 57,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
So you pretty much saw San Michelle and the Town Center. Not all Weston is like that.
I am not sure what gave you the impression that those were the only two things I saw in almost 6 months in Weston. I saw nearly all of Weston. It's not a very big town. It's a teeny 26 sq miles. You can see all of Weston in one day.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:01 PM

I'd like to note for anyone who is researching Weston that for some people, it is a paradise. I know you're a big cheerleader for Weston, Ruski (are you a real estate agent?) and that is totally cool. More power to you and I'm glad you live in a place you love.

For many people, however, Weston is not their cup of tea. It's very, very homogenous, and one corner of the town looks identical to another corner of town. It's a lovely town, but after a while, all that sameness can get draining to some. There are no musuems, no real nightlife, and I was very bored there. I can't imagine what a young single would think of t. If you like subdivisions and golf and everything looking the same, that's great. If you like museums, farmer's markets, live music, individuality, non-chain restaurants, convenient shopping, lots of organic food shopping options, and a varied socioeconomic population and you don't like strip malls, then Weston is not the place for you. There is no point in being dishonest about what Weston is. It might be one man's paradise. For others, it might be a really bad place to live. To each his own.

One thing that Weston does not have going for it is that it is in Broward. I really couldn't believe from all the "I hate Broward" threads that Broward is that bad, but I was wrong. It really wasn't the place for me.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Also, I was told by someonei in a private message that San Michele takes in a lot of section 9 housing people. Absolutely, categorically false. As temporary housing, San Michele is fine.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:26 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,822,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer362 View Post
I'd like to note for anyone who is researching Weston that for some people, it is a paradise. I know you're a big cheerleader for Weston, Ruski (are you a real estate agent?) and that is totally cool. More power to you and I'm glad you live in a place you love.

For many people, however, Weston is not their cup of tea. It's very, very homogenous, and one corner of the town looks identical to another corner of town. It's a lovely town, but after a while, all that sameness can get draining to some. There are no musuems, no real nightlife, and I was very bored there. I can't imagine what a young single would think of t. If you like subdivisions and golf and everything looking the same, that's great. If you like museums, farmer's markets, live music, individuality, non-chain restaurants, convenient shopping, lots of organic food shopping options, and a varied socioeconomic population and you don't like strip malls, then Weston is not the place for you. There is no point in being dishonest about what Weston is. It might be one man's paradise. For others, it might be a really bad place to live. To each his own.

One thing that Weston does not have going for it is that it is in Broward. I really couldn't believe from all the "I hate Broward" threads that Broward is that bad, but I was wrong. It really wasn't the place for me.
Yes, among other things, I am a real estate agent.

I love Weston because it is a nice, quiet, safe place to come home to, after having fun in Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:03 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,117 times
Cannot speak for the complex, but can speak for Weston as a whole. Lets start with the positives.

Positives- Weston is a beautiful suburb, safe, clean, well manicured everywhere, palm trees all over, good schools, plenty of gated housing communities with upper income homes, and traffic is relatively light.

Negatives- Weston is boring, bland, and overly sterile. There is virtually nothing to do in Weston in terms of entertainment. You'll have to drive east towards Fort Lauderdale for things to do. Weston is so far west that it was built on top of the Everglades. You're a good 30 minutes drive away from the nearest beach. There isn't much shopping in Weston either. Publix is the only grocery store. You'll have to drive several miles away to nearby cities to find a Winn Dixie, Target, Costco, or Walmart. The Sawgrass Mills Mall is the nearest major shopping mall and is located in Sunrise. There is shopping galore there, but the place is a zoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area