Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 AM

361 posts, read 834,599 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm from Canada (Montreal), I love south florida and I was looking to buy an apartment in Miami Beach as a second home (South Beach) and lease it when I'm not there.
The problem is that South Beach is expensive for everything (real estate, going out, bars, gyms, ...) and a bit too pretentious.
I was wondering if I could find better cost of living in FLL, looks like the real estate market is still low and nightlife is great and very cheap, I could still go to South Beach for occasional events.
What do you think of it ?
I'm looking for a place close to downtown and the beach, is FLL as diverse as South Beach (as a mixed race Asian, I'm looking for a very diverse and tolerant place) ?
Thanks !
Manu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,794,592 times
Oui, bien sur, FLL is very nice and diverse.

Also have you looked at Hollywood? - that's where a lot of people from Montreal live or vacation.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Oui, bien sur, FLL is very nice and diverse.

Also have you looked at Hollywood? - that's where a lot of people from Montreal live or vacation.
Thanks ruski !
Hollywood has more older retiree people from Montreal and the there's no nightlife there ...
I'm looking for a city with younger people and a good nightlife, looks like only South Beach and Fort Lauderdale fit the criterias ...
I'm in the end 20's

Last edited by djmanu; 04-09-2013 at 10:27 AM..

Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,794,592 times
Fort Lauderdale - Las Olas area is quite vibrant, if you can swing it financially.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:20 PM

17,084 posts, read 21,747,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmanu View Post
Hi,
I'm from Canada (Montreal), I love south florida and I was looking to buy an apartment in Miami Beach as a second home (South Beach) and lease it when I'm not there.
The problem is that South Beach is expensive for everything (real estate, going out, bars, gyms, ...) and a bit too pretentious.
I was wondering if I could find better cost of living in FLL, looks like the real estate market is still low and nightlife is great and very cheap, I could still go to South Beach for occasional events.
What do you think of it ?
I'm looking for a place close to downtown and the beach, is FLL as diverse as South Beach (as a mixed race Asian, I'm looking for a very diverse and tolerant place) ?
Thanks !
Manu
I love Ft Lauderdale, it seems to be right in the middle of everything. Tons of restaurants, lots of great waterfront real estate and I would live there in a heart beat (Ft Lauderdale definitely east of US1/Federal). I lived there as a kid but it was west in a subdivision of new homes.

Only negative to me........traffic sucks.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I love Ft Lauderdale, it seems to be right in the middle of everything. Tons of restaurants, lots of great waterfront real estate and I would live there in a heart beat (Ft Lauderdale definitely east of US1/Federal). I lived there as a kid but it was west in a subdivision of new homes.

Only negative to me........traffic sucks.
Felt in love with Fort Lauderdale too, traffic is better than Miami

Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 AM

423 posts, read 1,638,599 times
I also recommend Fort Lauderdale downtown or by the beach.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumar3 View Post
I also recommend Fort Lauderdale downtown or by the beach.
Yes I'm looking for an apartment close to downtown and the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area