Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna give it a bit of time for someone to chime in regarding the whole Lauderhill/Lauderdale Lakes/Central Broward thing (that is, the residential and more proper areas) and read some older threads regarding these areas. So far, I think I can put (parts of) the area of the link above on the yellow, and another one more to the west also.

And Driftwood I forgot about, I downgraded it when I downgraded neighboring (South end of) Davie. But I still will retain a few parts of it in the yellow, and I'll upgrade most of it back to blue again tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM

229 posts, read 533,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaGuy View Post
Coral Springs: The Riverside Drive and Woodside Drive corridors between Sample and Wiles are bad (its actually unincorporated)
They are apart of the city of Coral Springs. I don't see why you think they're unincorporated.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:14 AM

92 posts, read 457,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Generally agree but...

There are some drug dealers and "thugs" but it is mostly people just trying to get by. Orange seems appropriate. Red is something equivalent to Sistrunk Blvd or Deepside. I'm just not sure if any areas around North Lauderdale are truly "green" worthy, though. Most of current blue areas are appropriately rated, but the green pockets should be dropped to blue. The crime rate in the single family home areas is pretty low but the appearance and "aspect" is not quite there.
Drug dealers and "thugs" would throw up a "red" flag in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Withholding a "blue" rating for the homeowner dominated sections of Lauderhill/Lauderdale Lakes does make sense because some of them are ringed by section 8 housing that one must pass to enter these decent pockets, but red is still a bit harsh. You can't put this neighborhood on the same level as Sistrunk. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=laude...322.54,,0,9.59

It's really a "blue" and has mostly working class homeowners, but yellow is fair due to it's surroundings. Check the poverty rates to distinguish the "blue" from the "yellow", but any of those types of neighborhoods with single family homes shouldn't rank as orange or red. Some of the neighborhoods have poverty rates around 10-12%, which is pretty average, and crime stats are not as bad as you would expect. Average home values are low because these neighborhoods were slaughtered by the foreclosure crisis harder than any in the tri-country area. The homes got scooped up quickly (yet again) by investors who bought them for obscenely low prices due to their age and the stigma of a "black" neighborhood. Now they are fixing up the homes and selling them to mostly working class and older black families.
Lauderhill/Laud Lakes is well described here especially the "ring" theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
They are apart of the city of Coral Springs. I don't see why you think they're unincorporated.
I think they are because they were just annexed in 05. It doesn't mean they automatically became like every other Coral Springs neighborhood overnight Do you know these neighborhoods, like live there or even drive through? I have and I'm giving accurate information that that area is similar to unicorporated central Broward.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaGuy View Post
Drug dealers and "thugs" would throw up a "red" flag in my book.

Lauderhill/Laud Lakes is well described here especially the "ring" theory.

I think they are because they were just annexed in 05. It doesn't mean they automatically became like every other Coral Springs neighborhood overnight Do you know these neighborhoods, like live there or even drive through? I have and I'm giving accurate information that that area is similar to unicorporated central Broward.
I know those areas well and all I was saying is that they are not part of unincorporated Broward, they are actually part of Coral Springs. When did I give an opinion about those neighborhoods? If you knew them so well you should have known that fact! As for my viewpoint, I think everyone knows they are not the best areas. I would not rate them below "yellow", though.

Also, why is Parkland blue instead of green?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 15,880 times
Default Carpet Tucson

Nice post.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
I know those areas well and all I was saying is that they are not part of unincorporated Broward, they are actually part of Coral Springs. When did I give an opinion about those neighborhoods? If you knew them so well you should have known that fact! As for my viewpoint, I think everyone knows they are not the best areas. I would not rate them below "yellow", though.

Also, why is Parkland blue instead of green?
Actually it's all dark green, only one area in its east end near Coconut Creek is in just solid/regular green. It may be a technical issue, or maybe because you're looking through the phone. Right now it's all fine here on my PC.

And I'll be doing a revision of the Central Broward area (and Driftwood down in Hollywood) soon, probably putting a 2 or possibly 3 of them in the yellow. I'll still wait a little to see if there's more people with knowledge of the areas to comment here.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Actually it's all dark green, only one area in its east end near Coconut Creek is in just solid/regular green. It may be a technical issue, or maybe because you're looking through the phone. Right now it's all fine here on my PC.
It shows up properly now.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Just noticed a section of Margate labeled yellow that is no worse than any other sections. The neighborhood near Fern Forest park is a solid blue and doesn't touch any bad areas.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 PM

40 posts, read 86,337 times
This is a great map and it will come in very handy! Thank you for your hard work!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Wonderful map! Thanks for all your time and work on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area