Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 PM

17 posts, read 22,279 times

Advertisements

After 2 beautiful weeks in Fort Lauderdale , I noticed many young men wearing ski hats in this gorgeous weather. Is this a fashion trend or is there a practical reason for wearing ski hats when the temp is in the 80's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 11:16 PM

947 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinda View Post
After 2 beautiful weeks in Fort Lauderdale , I noticed many young men wearing ski hats in this gorgeous weather. Is this a fashion trend or is there a practical reason for wearing ski hats when the temp is in the 80's?
Sounds like a hipster thing that is just spreading around down there. Sometimes a bizarre trend takes place in an area that someone started and others just copied for no reason then it just dies down weeks or months later with no one really recalling why or when it happened.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:10 AM

16,284 posts, read 42,972,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinda View Post
That's been trendy for a good 5-10 years easily. I mean, I don't know if it has been trendy in Ft. Lauderdale that long, but it is pretty much everywhere else.

I live in Asia, and I see that North American trend over here even. I think it was popularized with U2's The Edge, even longer back.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:18 PM

15 posts, read 40,092 times
Maybe they've come fresh from the AC and want to preserve the coolness around their domes? Speaking of trends, is tucking your shirt into your boxers still a thing? I personally enjoyed the huge XXXXL white tee shirt trend - can you say Ghosts in the Ghetto?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:18 PM

947 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount of Counti Christo View Post
Maybe they've come fresh from the AC and want to preserve the coolness around their domes? Speaking of trends, is tucking your shirt into your boxers still a thing? I personally enjoyed the huge XXXXL white tee shirt trend - can you say Ghosts in the Ghetto?
Having the shorts fall down to the ankles exposing the underwear is indeed something I still see being done. I feel like I should step on their pants and cause them to trip, busting their face on the concrete.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:39 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,764,719 times
A few maybe ready to commit a crime and need to hide their face quickly.

Lauderdale a city at the bottom crimes, drugs yeah we got-em...

Old 03-01-2014, 03:31 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,512,964 times
Default and this will soon be the new trend all across SE Florida!

http://static4.businessinsider.com/i...aring-mask.jpg

Old 03-02-2014, 06:47 AM

17 posts, read 22,279 times
As a junior high teacher interviewing my students about the style of the jeans/underwater thing. Most did not know ( typical). One student explained that most teens can only afford designer underware with the thick upperband that they are showing off. Calvin Klein is the NYC favorite.

The woolen hats in FL are in need of more on the street interviews. Yesterday, the surfer crowd had then on too...weird

I appreciate the feedback above.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:22 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,425,349 times
The baggy jeans hanging down below the butt with underwear showing and XXX t-shirts were more of a 90's-early 2000's trend. Nowadays, the only people I see wearing that style are from poor, black neighborhoods. For everyone else, clothing has tightened up quite a bit the past 10 years. Everything now is tight fitting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area