U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:28 PM
 
2 posts, read 9,469 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Thinking of moving there because the townhomes are so cheap for a ton of space. Mind you I live in East Miramar (Woodscape). Is that considered the bad part of Lauderhill?

I know nothing about that side.... All I know is Miramar and Pines as that's where I've been my entire life. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 PM
 
157 posts, read 313,109 times
Reputation: 139
The "bad part of Lauderhill"?!? Where's the good part?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 PM
 
2 posts, read 9,469 times
Reputation: 10
Well is it ghetto/ran down/full of crime?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2014, 10:04 AM
 
1,488 posts, read 1,828,261 times
Reputation: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyibeanz View Post
Is that considered the bad part of Lauderhill?
Hahaha, I'm glad you posted on here before moving there. There is no good part of Lauderhill. Overall its probably the most ghetto, crime infested city in Broward. Many cities like have good and very bad areas. There is none of that in Lauderhill, its all bad. That's why its so cheap.

Only Pompano Beach comes close to being as bad as Lauderhill. The only pretty good part of Lauderhill is the small part that's NW of the turnpike. Its the area around NW 44th st and inverry blvd. If that's not the location of the townhomes you saw then stay far far away.

Last edited by griffon652; 03-12-2014 at 10:16 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 PM
 
15,396 posts, read 18,594,193 times
Reputation: 25334
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Hahaha, I'm glad you posted on here before moving there. There is no good part of Lauderhill. Overall its probably the most ghetto, crime infested city in Broward. Many cities like have good and very bad areas. There is none of that in Lauderhill, its all bad. That's why its so cheap.

Only Pompano Beach comes close to being as bad as Lauderhill. The only pretty good part of Lauderhill is the small part that's NW of the turnpike. Its the area around NW 44th st and inverry blvd. If that's not the location of the townhomes you saw then stay far far away.
You do realize Pompano has thousands of waterfront homes and dozens of Oceanfront homes?

1802 Bay Dr, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 - New Home for Sale - realtor.com®
8.95mm home in Pompano.....

1261 Ne 27Th Way, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 - New Home for Sale - realtor.com®
Waterfront 2.5mm

Empty lot 750K: 2340 Se 8Th St, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®


Just as reference here is a 799K home in Lauderhill....
4820 Nw 65Th Ave, Lauderhill, FL 33319 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2014, 05:30 AM
 
1,488 posts, read 1,828,261 times
Reputation: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Ok so what was your point? You literally just said what I said except you thought I was saying something different. Well at least I hope your just saying that "Pompano has some good areas." Because if your actually saying its a good or even decent city overall, you really need to read up on the facts.

Read my post again. Especially the part of it that you put in bold. I said only Pompano comes close to being as bad as Lauderhill. I didn't say its as bad as Lauderhill. Just like Lauderhill has some pockets of good neighbourhood's in it; so does Pompano. The homes you are referring to comprise of a narrow strip on the east most borders of Pompano. However, overall Pompano is a terrible place to live. If I'm being detailed then yes there are worse places to live, like Lauderdale Lakes. But that's like saying its better to live in a dumpster over a garbage dump.

If we go by your logic of cherry picking home prices, I guess everyone would choose to live in any part of Pompano over Parkland. Afterall, the most expensive listing on the MLS for Pompano is $8.95 mil and for Parkland its only $4.99 mil. Those poor poor beggers of Parkland.....how do they ever live in their patheic cheap homes compared to the kings in Pompano.

Last edited by griffon652; 03-13-2014 at 07:00 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 PM
 
15,396 posts, read 18,594,193 times
Reputation: 25334
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Ok so what was your point? You literally just said what I said except you thought I was saying something different. Well at least I hope your just saying that "Pompano has some good areas." Because if your actually saying its a good or even decent city overall, you really need to read up on the facts.

Read my post again. Especially the part of it that you put in bold. I said only Pompano comes close to being as bad as Lauderhill. I didn't say its as bad as Lauderhill. Just like Lauderhill has some pockets of good neighbourhood's in it; so does Pompano. The homes you are referring to comprise of a narrow strip on the east most borders of Pompano. However, overall Pompano is a terrible place to live. If I'm being detailed then yes there are worse places to live, like Lauderdale Lakes. But that's like saying its better to live in a dumpster over a garbage dump.

If we go by your logic of cherry picking home prices, I guess everyone would choose to live in any part of Pompano over Parkland. Afterall, the most expensive listing on the MLS for Pompano is $8.95 mil and for Parkland its only $4.99 mil. Those poor poor beggers of Parkland.....how do they ever live in their patheic cheap homes compared to the kings in Pompano.
Your first post was non sequitur....."starts with There is no good part of Lauderhill"....then a the next paragraph starts "The only pretty good part of Lauderhill is the small part that's NW of the turnpike."

So your original post was useless as was your part about Pompano. I am familiar with "Pompton" aka the ghetto parts but anything east of Federal is nice and some parts east of Dixie are nice (S. of Atlantic/Garden Isles for example). So to lump the whole town as bad is very misleading which is why I posted with your post quoted.

There are lots of places in Florida with ghetto areas: Boca Raton, Ft Lauderdale and Coconut Grove all come to mind but I wouldn't say the rougher areas are representative of the whole town.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2014, 10:12 AM
 
1,488 posts, read 1,828,261 times
Reputation: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Your first post was non sequitur....."starts with There is no good part of Lauderhill"....then a the next paragraph starts "The only pretty good part of Lauderhill is the small part that's NW of the turnpike."
When you have to resort to mentioning technicalities of someone's post without actually responding to their post; then you subconsciously realize that your wrong. I noticed you how completely ignored my comment regarding Parkland vs Pompano because you know you can't respond to it. As for my comment, I simply didn't feel like going back to edit to include the words "one little part of Lauderhill is good but the rest is bad."

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
So your original post was useless as was your part about Pompano. I am familiar with "Pompton" aka the ghetto parts but anything east of Federal is nice and some parts east of Dixie are nice (S. of Atlantic/Garden Isles for example). So to lump the whole town as bad is very misleading which is why I posted with your post quoted.

There are lots of places in Florida with ghetto areas: Boca Raton, Ft Lauderdale and Coconut Grove all come to mind but I wouldn't say the rougher areas are representative of the whole town.
You may be familiar with Pompano Beach but your clearly not familiar with the standards that real estate professionals and economists use to rate a city. Yes I will lump all of Pompano together because that's the CORRECT way to measure a city. Again if we go by your incorrect measures where do we draw the line? A section of a city? A street? A particular community? If I go with your measures I would build a street of multi million dollar homes and make it gated in the middle of the ghetto in Detroit and call Detroit a "great place to live" .....but that would just be silly.

Your arguing against standards of comparison that have been in place for decades by people that actually study these things for a living. Look I don't know what your obsession with Pompano is but you need to stop giving advice regarding cities because you have no idea what your talking about. The fact that you use realtor.com is a big hint to that statement. That's a site used by beginners and no one with even intermediate knowledge of real estate would look on there. By the way I lived in Pompano too I know exactly what the good and bad areas are.

But since you will probably going to just repeat what you said and argue with me; let me give you links to those experts I mentioned so you know your wrong. By the way this was for cities with populations over 25,000. There are approximately 1350 US cities that fit that criteria. Also this isn't just done by a random guy, it was compiled from FBI crime data and USA census bureau data. You know, the guys that study these things for a living. So yeah.....Pompano is 83 on the list of most dangerous places to live in all of the USA, such a great place to live.....:

2013

Top 100 most dangerous places to live in the USA - NeighborhoodScout

11 Of The Nation's 100 Most Dangerous Cities Are In Florida

2012 poor pompano still made the list, at least it was at #100.

Top 100 Most Dangerous Cities In The US - Dinar Recaps

Last edited by griffon652; 03-14-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2014, 06:56 PM
 
15,396 posts, read 18,594,193 times
Reputation: 25334
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
When you have to resort to mentioning technicalities of someone's post without actually responding to their post; then you subconsciously realize that your wrong. I noticed you how completely ignored my comment regarding Parkland vs Pompano because you know you can't respond to it. As for my comment, I simply didn't feel like going back to edit to include the words "one little part of Lauderhill is good but the rest is bad."



You may be familiar with Pompano Beach but your clearly not familiar with the standards that real estate professionals and economists use to rate a city. Yes I will lump all of Pompano together because that's the CORRECT way to measure a city. Again if we go by your incorrect measures where do we draw the line? A section of a city? A street? A particular community? If I go with your measures I would build a street of multi million dollar homes and make it gated in the middle of the ghetto in Detroit and call Detroit a "great place to live" .....but that would just be silly.

Your arguing against standards of comparison that have been in place for decades by people that actually study these things for a living. Look I don't know what your obsession with Pompano is but you need to stop giving advice regarding cities because you have no idea what your talking about. The fact that you use realtor.com is a big hint to that statement. That's a site used by beginners and no one with even intermediate knowledge of real estate would look on there. By the way I lived in Pompano too I know exactly what the good and bad areas are.

But since you will probably going to just repeat what you said and argue with me; let me give you links to those experts I mentioned so you know your wrong. By the way this was for cities with populations over 25,000. There are approximately 1350 US cities that fit that criteria. Also this isn't just done by a random guy, it was compiled from FBI crime data and USA census bureau data. You know, the guys that study these things for a living. So yeah.....Pompano is 83 on the list of most dangerous places to live in all of the USA, such a great place to live.....:

2013

Top 100 most dangerous places to live in the USA - NeighborhoodScout

11 Of The Nation's 100 Most Dangerous Cities Are In Florida

2012 poor pompano still made the list, at least it was at #100.

Top 100 Most Dangerous Cities In The US - Dinar Recaps
A. Didn't address Parkland because it wasn't part of the OP's question and I called you out regarding your Pompano comment
B. Only listed realtor.com listings so people could see that there are million dollar neighborhoods in Pompano and by having a quick link/look you could see that you are clearly out of your mind that Pompano and Lauderhill have very little in common
C. Crime stats are great but there are lines in every city of good and bad and I have yet to see a crime infested ghetto with ocean access waterways in their backyards. Pretty sure in those million dollar neighborhoods there are no gunshots at night!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2014, 10:54 PM
 
1,488 posts, read 1,828,261 times
Reputation: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
A. Didn't address Parkland because it wasn't part of the OP's question and I called you out regarding your Pompano comment
B. Only listed realtor.com listings so people could see that there are million dollar neighborhoods in Pompano and by having a quick link/look you could see that you are clearly out of your mind that Pompano and Lauderhill have very little in common
C. Crime stats are great but there are lines in every city of good and bad and I have yet to see a crime infested ghetto with ocean access waterways in their backyards. Pretty sure in those million dollar neighborhoods there are no gunshots at night!
He didn't ask about Pompano either but you answered that. And you still failed to address any valid points I made because you can't. Having a Million dollar neighborhood in one part of that city does not make the overall city a good city to live in. A point you keep ignoring, just like you keep ignoring/not addressing the points regarding the standards of how experts measure a cities overall quality. Even with actual links provided you try to dispute that you’re completely wrong.

See the fact is no matter how much you cry foul, Pompano will NEVER be considered a good city by anyone. If you had stopped at "Pompano is a bad city with a few good areas" you would have been correct. But the fact that you fail to understand that simple a concept of real estate speaks volumes about the accuracy of any anything you say. Hence, I was telling you to stop giving people advice.

But I guess maybe you’re that special that you understand how to provide a correct analysis in regards to a quality of a city better then the experts. Funny thing is experts rarely come to a common conclusion on how to rate anything and its usually subjective. However, this is one area where most agree on how a city should be measured. Even with all that I guess you, a random poster on city data knows more then all of them combined. Congrats to you, now you should be able to reveal your newfound extraordinary method of rating cities to the world and become rich from your discovery........good luck with that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top