Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 08:51 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,806 times

Advertisements

El Tamarindo across from 84 dinner has great food at good prices, my wife and I eat there often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 04:49 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
$35 for what? I guess I usually get breakfast foods there. You can get those great 3 egg omlettes with toast and potatoes for about $7.50. Add in some bacon for an extra dollar.
It's expensive. Not everyone orders a $7.50 breakfast.

We eat there about once a week.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:18 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,467,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It's expensive. Not everyone orders a $7.50 breakfast.

We eat there about once a week.
Ok I will take your word for it. I've never had dinner there or even lunch.

One other recommendation I have is Dough Boys Pizza located on 17th Street. I'm not sure what you can get for $10, but I think their prices are in that range. They have pizza and other italian foods. Their food is generally very good.

One of my biggest gripes with South FL is the lack of cheap eats. It seems everywhere charges $15+ for a good meal. The $10 restaurants are limited to the fast food joints. The is no shortage of Mexican/Southwest themed places like Moe's, Chipolte, Lime, Zona Fresca, etc. where you can get a $10 meal, but that is it. Even the Chinese restaurants are expensive and generally poor quality. Christina Wan's is the best, but you'll dump $35+ easily for two people and their portions are small. I can go to NYC's Chinatown and get the meal of my life for $8, yet I have to pay $35 in Fort Lauderdale for slightly above average quality.

Last edited by Nolefan34; 08-04-2014 at 10:34 AM..

Old 08-05-2014, 09:13 AM

389 posts, read 662,222 times
There's a wonderful barbecue place -- Tom Jenkins -- just south of downtown Fort Lauderdale on Federal Highway. I've had barbecue in just about all of the regions of the country that are known for it and this place is as good as any of them (with the caveat that barbecue preferences are highly subjective, of course). There are also a number of menu items, such as the sandwich platters, under $10. Unfortunately, the place closes up shop pretty early (it shut down at 8:30 back in the day when I worked nights in downtown Lauderdale) and I'm not sure the OP would be able to make it there in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area