Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 07:49 AM

366 posts, read 517,056 times

Advertisements

what are the affordable safe areas around FLL's main beach besides the isles as they are very expensive? somewhere where u can still get a 3 bedroom house with garage within 15 mins drive to the beach? rent say 2500 a month or less. house only no condos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 01:25 PM

whats wilton manors like?? looking at areas 10 mins to the beach that are safe and u can buy a house under 500k. wud rent first to make sure i like b4 i buy

Old 09-08-2014, 04:00 PM

3,234 posts, read 3,189,384 times
I used to have clients that lived in Wilton Manors -- the homes are older but the community is very nice -- lovely mature trees lining the streets and it is right near what is called The Middle River.

The 2010 census showed that there is a large gay community in Wilton Manors -- I just checked the city's website and it states that as a result of that census, it is considered "the Second Gayest City" in the US. None of my clients minded -- they all have lived in Wilton Manors for decades and raised children there.

I would suggest, no matter which area of Broward you decide on, that you rent for a year or so. I know that rents are so high right now, but so much better for you to appreciate the county yourself, and decide what is right for you.

You are looking for prime real estate in what many consider to be the best part of the county -- near the beach and restaurants and shopping. I checked the Harbor Beach area on Zillow real quick and nothing I saw met your requirements (3 bedroom house with a garage). Two bedroom condo -- maybe. Nothing for a half million or less for sale either.

Did you check Lauderdale By The Sea, or Sea Ranch Lakes? They are a bit to the north of Fort Lauderdale but still very nice. I saw one listing for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse on Zillow, with a one car garage, for under $3k a month for rent. I think you're going to have to look further north, or south of Fort Lauderdale beach to try to find something that fits your budget and parameters and it won't be easy. Have you hooked up with a realtor? Anything that you describe, I would call a real find and a realtor is going to be the one to see something on MLS before us folk who are not in the business.

Good luck. I saw something on Zillow up in Hillsboro Beach that is $2700 a month -- 3 bedroom, 2 bath home -- but no garage. You might need to compromise somewhere.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
I used to have clients that lived in Wilton Manors -- the homes are older but the community is very nice -- lovely mature trees lining the streets and it is right near what is called The Middle River.

The 2010 census showed that there is a large gay community in Wilton Manors -- I just checked the city's website and it states that as a result of that census, it is considered "the Second Gayest City" in the US. None of my clients minded -- they all have lived in Wilton Manors for decades and raised children there.

I would suggest, no matter which area of Broward you decide on, that you rent for a year or so. I know that rents are so high right now, but so much better for you to appreciate the county yourself, and decide what is right for you.

You are looking for prime real estate in what many consider to be the best part of the county -- near the beach and restaurants and shopping. I checked the Harbor Beach area on Zillow real quick and nothing I saw met your requirements (3 bedroom house with a garage). Two bedroom condo -- maybe. Nothing for a half million or less for sale either.

Did you check Lauderdale By The Sea, or Sea Ranch Lakes? They are a bit to the north of Fort Lauderdale but still very nice. I saw one listing for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse on Zillow, with a one car garage, for under $3k a month for rent. I think you're going to have to look further north, or south of Fort Lauderdale beach to try to find something that fits your budget and parameters and it won't be easy. Have you hooked up with a realtor? Anything that you describe, I would call a real find and a realtor is going to be the one to see something on MLS before us folk who are not in the business.

Good luck. I saw something on Zillow up in Hillsboro Beach that is $2700 a month -- 3 bedroom, 2 bath home -- but no garage. You might need to compromise somewhere.
cheers buddy. good info provided. will look into ur suggestions. im 6 months away from a move so dont want to disturb a realtor just yet. doin my own research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area