Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 04:00 AM

30 posts, read 35,498 times

Advertisements

Fort Lauderdale has the highest homeless/bum population in all of Florida if not the USA so to those on the side of the homeless I ask you you to go live there and see for yourself what it's like to be harassed, cursed and even assaulted daily. I know because I lived there for 30 years. Thank goodness today I live in Vero but to be honest Ft. Lauderdale was become a horrible place to live. The 70s, 80s and early 90s was great but sadly something happened around 1998 and today Broward's best days are long gone. It's my home town and I feel sad about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,029 times
Please avoid ft laud we really don't want or need you. But feel free to take all the homeless with you back out to wherever you live

Old 10-13-2015, 06:53 PM

927 posts, read 759,117 times
The Dutch have urinals out in public. Its in a c-shape. Some are as high as a newspaper stand, some are really tall. there's a lovely all-white revolving three person at once set up. It has a plastic person on top. The taggers have even tagged them (I can't make out what it says, its in Dutch). And why is the US not a practical country?

from a blog
Mostly, though, it seems that the Dutch have accepted public urination as a way of life and provide public urinals for the men. I snapped photos of the numerous urinals around Utrecht and Amsterdam because it was so interesting to me that the cities just decided to stop fighting the problem and provided urinals to solve the problem. In true Dutch form, they even clean the urinals. There are trucks and men that go around the city cleaning and sanitizing the urinals so they aren’t completely gross.

I could have saved him some worry about the location of a public urinal if I had the urinwaar app. Yes, the Dutch being efficient and oh-so-clever have developed an app that will show you where all the places to pee are located in Amsterdam. I think it includes all types of toilets from indoor and public outdoor urinals.

Old 11-26-2015, 06:44 PM

393 posts, read 360,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
How gets rid of the homeless and it gets rid of tourism along with it. Like I said, all my friends won't be coming. That's the consumers like me.
For every one the city loses because of the ordinance, they will probably gain two who wouldn't come to the city before it.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:35 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicturtle View Post
For every one the city loses because of the ordinance, they will probably gain two who wouldn't come to the city before it.
True.

Ft Lauderdale mayor a few years back publicly stated he didn't even want 9-5 workers living there.

The city wants people with BIG money living there.

It's the plan. They're moving in that direction and it is what it is

Old 11-30-2015, 05:31 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
True.

Ft Lauderdale mayor a few years back publicly stated he didn't even want 9-5 workers living there.

The city wants people with BIG money living there.

It's the plan. They're moving in that direction and it is what it is

Sounds like a good direction to me.

For what it's worth, this homeless feeding thing is utter nonsense. It wasn't about feeding the homeless in public, that was the media spin for stupid people. It was about WHERE to feed the homeless in public.

The jackwagon was taking over public parks and playgrounds for his feedings, intentionally. Sure would be nice to take your toddler to play at the park and have it full of drugged up drunk homeless people urinating on the slide.... right......

Old 11-30-2015, 05:47 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
It was about WHERE to feed the homeless in public. The jackwagon was taking over public parks and playgrounds for his feedings, intentionally. Sure would be nice to take your toddler to play at the park and have it full of drugged up drunk homeless people urinating on the slide.... right......
Exactly! People who aren't participating in society shouldn't be using the crown jewel properties of that society as their bedroom and bathroom.

If the homeless didn't congregate in the best part of town while simultaneously refusing to adapt to society's rules and norms, they'd get a lot more sympathy. Fort Lauderdale is a product of much hard work, both financially and socially. These parks are the product of a successful civilization, which is a fragile thing to build and maintain. Allowing society's malcontents to take advantage of the fruits of society's labor is morally wrong. Even worse, it breaks the spirit of all those who strive to keep humanity advancing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area