Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 06:20 PM

86 posts, read 115,612 times

Advertisements

My brother has an excellent chance of getting a job at an ad agency in Pompano Beach. Can anyone recommend a nice apartment complex that is safe, clean, reasonable? I don't know the address of where he will be working. It is just him and his wife so they would need a one or two bedroom. Can anyone give me a ballpark idea of rents? Any advice on where to look and where to avoid would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time and expertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 11:50 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,774,834 times
I think I know where the agency is located. I bet it is Zimmerman (my office is within walking distance from it).

The immediate area around Zimmerman is not that great. But the office building is practically ON I-95, so it is easy to get to from just about anywhere, even Weston (that's where I commute from).

While Pompano near Zimmerman is not that great, I would recommend Cypress Bend and Palm Aire, in Pompano. 3 min driving to the office.

1BR in either one should be around $1K per month. Or about $1500 per month for a 2BR. I have coworkers who live in Cypress Bend, and it looks clean and safe.
I would avoid the rest of Pompano near the office.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:38 AM

Default What do you recommend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I think I know where the agency is located. I bet it is Zimmerman (my office is within walking distance from it).

The immediate area around Zimmerman is not that great. But the office building is practically ON I-95, so it is easy to get to from just about anywhere, even Weston (that's where I commute from).

While Pompano near Zimmerman is not that great, I would recommend Cypress Bend and Palm Aire, in Pompano. 3 min driving to the office.

1BR in either one should be around $1K per month. Or about $1500 per month for a 2BR. I have coworkers who live in Cypress Bend, and it looks clean and safe.
I would avoid the rest of Pompano near the office.

I don't know the name of the agency. Are there any areas right near Pompano Beach that you would recommend as better places to live and commute? I used to live in St. Pete, so I don't know the area. Any advice would really be appreciated. Thanks again.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:09 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,601,035 times
The big question is budget. You can stay right on the beach for $1400 - $1500. If that interests you, look for a unit at Pompano Beach Club which is right on the water and has a full club on the water, too.

Here is a good example: 111 Briny Ave APT 2105, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 | Zillow

My wife had lived there for a few years when I met her. It's a great place.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXEX55 View Post
I don't know the name of the agency. Are there any areas right near Pompano Beach that you would recommend as better places to live and commute? I used to live in St. Pete, so I don't know the area. Any advice would really be appreciated. Thanks again.
There are nice buildings ON the beach in Pompano Beach. And the beach area is very nice

It is the inland part of Pompano Beach that is sketchy (but Palm Aire and Cypress Bend stand out as nicer enclaves).

A lot depends on the budget.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:38 PM

389 posts, read 655,800 times
Two places to check out: Port Royale (it's in northern Fort Lauderdale, but Pompano Beach literally is across the street) and the Residences at Bayview on Federal Highway in far southern Pompano Beach. These are only 10-15 minutes maximum from anyplace in Pompano.

Cypress Bend, Palm-Aire and possible beachfront rentals also are worth exploring (brother-in-law owns some rental units in Palm-Aire, and my wife rented at Pompano Beach Club before we got married).

Places to avoid: Hammondville Road and the Dixie Highway corridor are definite no-nos.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:19 PM

There is a nice building on Commercial Blvd and Intracoastal. The building's name is Warwick. Awesome location near a bunch of restaurants and shops, easy walking disance to even more restaurants and shops in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea which is across the Intracostal bridge.

There aren't any active listings there now, but occasionally they do rent. Last summer there were a few units that rented out. about $1,500 for a 1BR.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:58 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you all for taking the time to share. Much appreciated indeed. I have passed all this along to my brother. If anything else comes to mind, please continue to post. Again, I thank you all.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:07 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,421,605 times
I would second Port Royale, except that I heard it was being torn down? Has this project commenced yet? Palm Aire is another good choice. Lots of apartments to choose from there.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:16 PM

389 posts, read 655,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
I would second Port Royale, except that I heard it was being torn down? Has this project commenced yet?
One of the four complexes in Port Royale has been torn down. It is being replaced by luxury high-rise rentals that will run about $2,500/month as a starting point. I've heard they'll be finished later this year. Two other apartment complexes in Port Royale still exist (and are less expensive). The high-rise condo tower is still there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area