Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 07:59 PM

874 posts, read 899,921 times

Advertisements

I'd worry less about the commute into work, and more about what the drive home is like. At least from what I've seen, morning just isn't as intense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 08:49 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infante15 View Post
He starts at 7am and would most likely hit the road at 6am. does this change things? or is that rush hour?
6AM traffic is certainly a lot better than the 8AM traffic.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:02 PM

21 posts, read 33,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
I lived in Edison, New Jersey for about 8 years in the 1990s. There are some not-so-nice places in Jersey too. What would you think if you read their crime reports?

Check crime reports and census data to get accurate information on where you'll be living. Focus on what lifestyle factors will help to make you and your family happy over the long-term.
I am also in the process of planning for a move from the Northeast to Florida. I am originally from Edison, NJ - wherebouts AnnRyan? - and am looking in the same towns (Weston, Cooper City, Davie, Plantation) as you! Would love to hear how your search goes!

Old 02-23-2016, 09:22 PM

43 posts, read 37,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtornberg View Post
I am also in the process of planning for a move from the Northeast to Florida. I am originally from Edison, NJ - wherebouts AnnRyan? - and am looking in the same towns (Weston, Cooper City, Davie, Plantation) as you! Would love to hear how your search goes!
Sure we'll have a better idea in April. I'll keep you posted. Let me know how tour search goes as well.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:20 PM

205 posts, read 480,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infante15 View Post
We are a young family with 3 kids under the age of 7. After researching Im highly considering Weston, parkland, and cooper City. It all depends on what's on the market in April/May when we're ready to move. I've been reading a lot of about Floridas high crime rate, mediocre schools, drug infested streets, hot humid weather, and overall not so happy floridians looking to move out of Florida. Those who have made the move from Northern states into Florida Please give me some feedback and let me know your thoughts. Any regrets? Is there long term living in Florida? I love warm weather and was pretty set on moving. Sites like these have made me so nervous :

Start Here Before Moving to Florida – Moving to Florida

Please give me Your opinions. I'd hate to spend so much $ moving to only regret it later. Appreciate all your feedback.
I think its different for everyone. Living in a nice area with good schools will make your living in Florida a whole lot better and less stressful. I recommend moving into an area with good schools, if you can't then I would not bother moving here unless you can afford private or do not mind the terrible schools. I would recommend renting here for a year to see how you like it first. I have kids too and I can't stress enough to move into an area with good schools. It creates a lot of agony when you live in a good area but the schools in your zone are terrible.
I have a couple friends who live in Cooper City and the schools are good there.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:29 PM

43 posts, read 37,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StEt0417 View Post
I think its different for everyone. Living in a nice area with good schools will make your living in Florida a whole lot better and less stressful. I recommend moving into an area with good schools, if you can't then I would not bother moving here unless you can afford private or do not mind the terrible schools. I would recommend renting here for a year to see how you like it first. I have kids too and I can't stress enough to move into an area with good schools. It creates a lot of agony when you live in a good area but the schools in your zone are terrible.
I have a couple friends who live in Cooper City and the schools are good there.
Thanks...we are only considering neighborhoods with A schools.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:26 AM

995 posts, read 3,929,825 times
OP, what you wrote is true to certain extent. I'm glad that you are doing your work before making a big move. One thing to keep this in mind when trying to get help here.

This is the best time of the year in Florida. There are so many activities to do right now. But if one is at CD writing post, then he's "likely to be" bored with his life. The negative views in CD are somewhat biased and may not truly reflect the Florida life.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:54 AM

173 posts, read 220,151 times
I am in a Fort Lauderdale right now on vaction and even my 3 yr old son just asked if we can live here lol ! South Florida is so beautiful and offers such a great life style for young kids all year long ! I won't get this beautiful weather until July today is 80 degrees ! Love it

Old 03-03-2016, 08:08 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
I took the afternoon off yesterday. Went swimming and had a drink by the pool. Bright blue skies, palm trees, plenty hot. Doesn't get better. It's 32 degrees in the Northeast today

My kids get to play outside just about every day in the sunshine. I wouldn't live anywhere else. Bx10461, you need to move down here!

Old 03-03-2016, 08:43 AM

173 posts, read 220,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I took the afternoon off yesterday. Went swimming and had a drink by the pool. Bright blue skies, palm trees, plenty hot. Doesn't get better. It's 32 degrees in the Northeast today

My kids get to play outside just about every day in the sunshine. I wouldn't live anywhere else. Bx10461, you need to move down here!
Me and the wife are seriously going to look at Condo to rent out when we are not here ! This fits us and our kids more than the North East where you only have 2-3 months of nice Summer weather
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area