Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 01:29 PM

9 posts, read 9,641 times

Advertisements

We are moving to S. Florida in July and my husband will be working in Davie and we would like to live in Parkland. Is the commute bearable? How long is it? TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 02:49 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by java1.2.3 View Post
We are moving to S. Florida in July and my husband will be working in Davie and we would like to live in Parkland. Is the commute bearable? How long is it? TIA!
Depends on where exactly in Davie (Davie is big).

But in general it won't be a bad commute at all.

Have you also considered Weston? It is very similar to Parkland (I am a Weston fan) and it is right next to Davie.

Or Cooper City is also very nice and is right next to Davie.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Depends on where exactly in Davie (Davie is big).

But in general it won't be a bad commute at all.

Have you also considered Weston? It is very similar to Parkland (I am a Weston fan) and it is right next to Davie.

Or Cooper City is also very nice and is right next to Davie.
Thank you for responding! he would be near the Tower Shoppes in Davie on S. University.

I'm coming down memorial day weekend to look at houses and i'm thinking of parkland, weston or cooper city. funny those are the ones you mention as well!

Old 04-21-2016, 04:30 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
What is the reason for looking at Parkland? Cooper City and Davie are outstanding. Weston if you don't mind a little further drive. But with the express lanes on 595, Weston to Tower Shops is a quick drive. Tower Shops is at the corner of 595/University Drive.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:34 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
Half hour to one hour commute depending on if he travels during rush hour, Weston might be better since it would be more or less one hop on 595. Mapquest will tell you how long the travel distance and average time without traffic would be between two addresses.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:13 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
What is the reason for looking at Parkland? Cooper City and Davie are outstanding. Weston if you don't mind a little further drive. But with the express lanes on 595, Weston to Tower Shops is a quick drive. Tower Shops is at the corner of 595/University Drive.
You won't be able to exit from the Express Lanes at the Tower Shops If you get into the Express Lanes by Weston, you are on all the way to I-95 or FL Turnpike, no chance to exit anywhere else.

P.S. There is a very nice Trader Joe's now at the Tower Shops!

Old 04-21-2016, 09:00 PM

351 posts, read 460,707 times
I would say more like half an hour to 45 minutes. Sawgrass Expressway is rarely congested and 595 is not as bad as it was before the express lanes. You can get more house for your money in Parkland, Davie or Cooper City, but you gotta see Weston before making a decision.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
You won't be able to exit from the Express Lanes at the Tower Shops If you get into the Express Lanes by Weston, you are on all the way to I-95 or FL Turnpike, no chance to exit anywhere else.

P.S. There is a very nice Trader Joe's now at the Tower Shops!
I see how that came off I'll rephrase. With the new express lanes drastically reducing traffic, the commute from Weston to Tower Shops would be minimal.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Parkland is an area we visited last year and i thought it was very nice. I like that it is close to Boca and had shopping, restaurants, etc. close by.

We have family that lived in weston so i know the area and it is GORGEOUS, ive always loved it. however, the demographic changes over the last few years are making me hesitant. We are interfaith (jewish/catholic) family that is english speaking. I've heard that nearly half of the demographic there is now spanish speaking. I've be honest and say that i don't know how i feel about that...especially since it seems the population is growing more heavily in favor of the spanish speaking demographic. Is that accurate?

Cooper city is an area that i'm excited to explore and plan to on my trip down. what can anyone tell me about that area? I did a search and haven't come up with too much on the forum..i would love to learn more about it. Is there shopping / restaurants nearby?

Old 04-22-2016, 10:26 AM

Cooper City has a large JCC and temples, along with more large churches per square mile than probably anywhere in the world.... If you are serious about your religion, then Cooper City may be a very good place for you with so many options close by. Plus a quick jaunt up University to get to work.

It's nowhere near as Spanish speaking as Weston. There is a TON of restaurants, shopping, malls, etc. Consider that Cooper City is 10 minutes from Pembroke Lakes mall, 15 minutes from Sawgrass Mall, 15 - 20 minutes from Broward mall. You have everything in Pembroke Pines, Weston is close, Cooper City has some of their own stuff, Davie, etc. etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area