Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,329 times

Advertisements

I and my spouse own a condo.
Both names are on the title.
Do I need an attorney to change the title to just one of us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 10:05 AM

351 posts, read 460,707 times
Nope, you don't need an attorney to transfer the title, but I do recommend you to consult an attorney if you cannot figure out how to do it yourself and want legal advice.

If you both are in agreement in transferring interest in the real property and you don't have a lien holder, all you need is a quitclaim deed.

Visit this link to find out all you need in order to record the quitclaim deed:
Deeds

Broward County
Recorder Offices
Broward County Clerk of the Courts- Records Division 33301
115 South Andrews Ave., Room 120, Ft. Lauderdale
8:00am and 4:30pm.M-F
Phone: (954)831-6565

NOTE: While recording the quitclaim deed makes the transfer official in the public record, it is not required for a quitclaim deed to be recorded in order for it to be valid. However, Florida statute does require notice of the transfer of ownership interest to be recorded in the public record to maintain a proper chain of title, otherwise you run the risk of forfeiting your rights and interests in the real property.

Here is a nice Quitclaim Deed form which you can modify and use --> Let me google that for you

Or get one here for a small fee --> https://www.deeds.com/forms/florida/...-deed/broward/

NOTE: If you decide NOT to record the quitclaim deed, you still have to do this if it applies to you:
For non-homestead real property when a deed or other instrument has not been recorded with the clerk of court for a change of ownership or control, the owner must complete form DR-430 and send it to the property appraiser of the county where the property is located.

Search for form DR-430 here --> Broward County Property Appraiser's Network
Or here (under Property Tax) --> Florida Dept. of Revenue -

DISCLOSURE: I am not an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney, so please use the information I provided above at your own risk.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,329 times
Thank you so much for all your help!! You are the best!

Old 07-25-2016, 06:06 AM

351 posts, read 460,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungian818 View Post
Thank you so much for all your help!! You are the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area