Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 04:47 AM

557 posts, read 606,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Lewiston Maine had a big influx of Muslim immigrants.....ask them how that's working out.
Human services are all overwhelmed,many won't accept jobs because they clash with their culture.
They demand special foods in the schools and sue when their needs are not met.

Rather than assimilate,they have established an enclave of their 7th century live style.
Can you show a source for that information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 05:42 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
America is culturally diverse, any of you making foolish posts with stupid comments about the Muslim faith should be ashamed of yourself for your own stupidity. Hatred and stupidity begets hatred, the op asked a question and members should address the question and not show their own bias in their replies. Maybe your parents never taught you, that if you do not have something good to say then you should not say anything at all, that obviously continues on with writing, and some of you wonder why some from other countries hate Americans.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:30 PM

4 posts, read 8,465 times
What are traditional American values? Getting pregnant at 13 out of wedlock? Idiot

Old 11-25-2016, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,623 times
so many ignorant, hateful comments in this thread. is there a way to mute or block accounts on here? i feel bad for this man & his family. Just shows you how gorging on right wing media can posion your mind, getting you to the point where you're afraid of anyone who isn't like you. i feel sorry for anyone who is trapped in the world of "fear of the other". You don't have to completely assimilate & be ashamed of your culture, you can come here & contribute just like all the other groups who came to this country. Muslims already have contributed quite a bit to western society: "Spanish" architecture, algebra.... those are just two major examples of muslim contributions to the western world. When i think of muslims living here in america, these are the words that come to mind: students, doctors, educated, professional, successful, peaceful, always friendly, & low crime. you are welcome here. you can practice your religion in peace, your wife & children can wear thier hijabs without being harassed. I am glad you're in my country. I know whereever i see muslims in america, that area is highly educated, has low crime, & is prosperous.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:21 AM

31 posts, read 57,475 times
You forgot to start with, "I am not a racist, BUT I heard..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Lewiston Maine had a big influx of Muslim immigrants.....ask them how that's working out.
Human services are all overwhelmed,many won't accept jobs because they clash with their culture.
They demand special foods in the schools and sue when their needs are not met.

Rather than assimilate,they have established an enclave of their 7th century live style.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:23 AM

31 posts, read 57,475 times
Added bonus, the President is Muslim too! (some needed holiday humor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyjax View Post
so many ignorant, hateful comments in this thread. is there a way to mute or block accounts on here? i feel bad for this man & his family. Just shows you how gorging on right wing media can posion your mind, getting you to the point where you're afraid of anyone who isn't like you. i feel sorry for anyone who is trapped in the world of "fear of the other". You don't have to completely assimilate & be ashamed of your culture, you can come here & contribute just like all the other groups who came to this country. Muslims already have contributed quite a bit to western society: "Spanish" architecture, algebra.... those are just two major examples of muslim contributions to the western world. When i think of muslims living here in america, these are the words that come to mind: students, doctors, educated, professional, successful, peaceful, always friendly, & low crime. you are welcome here. you can practice your religion in peace, your wife & children can wear thier hijabs without being harassed. I am glad you're in my country. I know whereever i see muslims in america, that area is highly educated, has low crime, & is prosperous.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:44 PM

170 posts, read 275,476 times
The problem with Islam is that it's not exclusively a religion, it's also a political cult of sorts. While some may be moderate it's mostly the ones where Islam isn't the majority religion. You're seeing in Europe what happens when Islam grows beyond a certain point. Within 25-30 years you'll have Islam being the top religion in some European countries and the Muslim elected officials will sweep in and Sharia Law will become the law of the land. It's just numbers.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:25 AM

397 posts, read 319,498 times
I'm not Muslim, but sometimes people think I am Muslim because I am mixed race and often wear a beard. Statistically, Fort Lauderdale / Florida has a fairly large Muslim population. However, I see A LOT less women wearing hijabs or other Islamic garb than when I lived in Boston or Washington, D.C. It also seems like there are A LOT more Muslim men than women for some reason. I meet Muslim men fairly often, but not nearly as much women.

One explanation for this is that a lot of the Muslim men in my area are here to learn English and their governments subsidize their education (Gulf Arabs). Unfortunately, they seem not to send their daughters like they send their sons. Anyway, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a mosque and finding the greater Muslim community. Good luck with that, and I'm also sorry about some of the inappropriate comments in this thread. We all have our own opinions and I support free speech, but this is neither the time nor place, IMHO.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:42 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyMoving View Post
The problem with Islam is that it's not exclusively a religion, it's also a political cult of sorts. While some may be moderate it's mostly the ones where Islam isn't the majority religion. You're seeing in Europe what happens when Islam grows beyond a certain point. Within 25-30 years you'll have Islam being the top religion in some European countries and the Muslim elected officials will sweep in and Sharia Law will become the law of the land. It's just numbers.
Please stop with the nonsense and hysteria.

The mayor of London is a Muslim and none of what you spew is true.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:20 PM

26 posts, read 31,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Like others said i have no problem with immigrants or muslims coming to america.But please respect our culture we do not tolerate violent religious freaks. I know your religion is important but learn you are in america and we don't view women as some "slaves",everyone is equal here.Show respect to our culture,language and please don't show any hatred to americans aswell.

Other then that welcome and enjoy your stay!
I think you need to get out of your little bubble and stop basing your information on 2 billion people from Fox News. Have you met any Muslims? All of them condemn the religious extremists and none of them I know actually want to be associated with those people since they take their religion in the wrong way. Also, NO Muslim views women as slaves. Again, please meet some Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area